F-50 Dimensions?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewski

Reaction score
Does anyone have the dimensions handy for the Mesa F-50? I believe that there are two different sized combos. The early one is about the size of F-30 and the other is a wide body. I'm thinking of buying a Tuki cover for mine and the one listed on their site shows that it fits both the F-30 and the F-50. I'm thinking that this might be for the smaller version of the F-50. If anyone has the dimensions handy, I'd appreciate it.

Here's their site [http://www.tukicovers.com/pages/pricelist.html]

I do know that the first F50s were the same size as the F30s...I have one of 'em. But the newer widebody F50 has the same dimensions as their other widebody amps...but I don't know what that is since mine isn't the widebody...sorry, that's not really much help, is it??

Hey Surfcaster,

Well, you did confirm that the early versions of the F-50's were the same size as the F-30's. So that was some help, and I appreciate that.

I guess that I'll get the tape out and measure it. How do you like your version of the F-50 with the smaller cabinet? It sounds like a nice little package. Who knows? Maybe it will be a collector's item down t it's he road, if it's not already.

Actually, I'm real happy with what I've got...somewhat smaller and lighter makes it easier to haul around...though it's still plenty heavy!!

I've never looked that closely at the widebodies, or spent any time with it to know if the widebody has a significant impact on the amps tone. So if there are advantages to the widebody, I don't know any different, and ignorance is bliss, right? The one thing I KNOW is different is that mine doesn't have channel LEDs on the faceplate. While it would be nice, I don't really miss them...the pedal LEDs work fine.

Surfcaster said:
The one thing I KNOW is different is that mine doesn't have channel LEDs on the faceplate. While it would be nice, I don't really miss them...the pedal LEDs work fine.

Yeah, I use the pedal LEDs much more often than the AMP LEDs on mine. I wonder if they made the wide body for more fullness and/or to give both the F-30 and F-50 their own individuality. I would think that it has more to do with tone, but the differences are probably small.

Going back to my original reason for asking the dimensions, I'll talk to the folks at Tuki and specify that mine is a wide body. I have one of their padded covers for another amp. It's well made and it provides more protection than the stock cover. Thanks for the info on your amp.

Latest posts

Back