F-30 question about footswitch...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

telest

Reaction score
I'm a long time resident on The Gear Page, but since I just bought an F-30, thought this would be the logical place to ask about my new amp. Regarding the footswitch, should the channel select LED be a different color on each channel? What I have is green on the clean channel and nothing on the overdrive channel. I figured it should go red on the drive channel. Thanks for any input on this.

Steve

From what I've seen most people use the contour on the drive channel rather than the drive channel by itself. If you leave the red light on (contour) then switch the clean channel on and off you go from clean right to contour or green to red.

Mesa's logic for this pedal makes more sense if you do it this way.

Alivefor5 said:
From what I've seen most people use the contour on the drive channel rather than the drive channel by itself. If you leave the red light on (contour) then switch the clean channel on and off you go from clean right to contour or green to red.

I just got this thing so I haven't had a lot of play time on it yet. Like other Mesas I've owned, it takes some fine tuning to find the sweet spots. Not sure the Contour is my sound though?

Steve

telest said:
Alivefor5 said:

I just got this thing so I haven't had a lot of play time on it yet. Like other Mesas I've owned, it takes some fine tuning to find the sweet spots. Not sure the Contour is my sound though?

Steve

I agree - I really don't care for the contour too much! I'm basing this on how it sounds by itself mostly. I've not had band practice since I got the F-30 (because we lost our drummer). I've had a jam session though and contour was OK for bumping up the volume a bit for solos, but still not my sound for rhythm...

BTW - You'll LOVE the JJs in your F30!!

MusicManJP6 said:
telest said:
Alivefor5 said:

Steve

BTW - You'll LOVE the JJs in your F30!!

Yep, I've found these to be a vast improvement over stock tubes most of the time. :D

Steve

I tried the JJ's in every positon, including an all JJ set-up and didn't care for them. I had them as spares as I have tried them in other amps in the past and didn't care for them in any of them.

I much prefer the stock Mesa tube myself. I find the JJ's lacking in bass and spongy sounding, if that makes any sense.

I realize I'm going to draw some heat as many folks reall love these tubes, but not me.

Back