evm 12L on the way! how are the wires connected?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caf

Reaction score
do you solder them on? or some other way?
from photo's i've seen they look different to celestion's (the points where you connect the wires)

i would like to know so i can arrange to have a tech wire the ev up because i havent soldered since the 7th grade :oops:

i'm intalling the ev in my mark series 2x12.

thanks.

My EVs are fitted with a push button / spring arrangement. You push the button and insert the bared wire into a hole in the side for the push-button stem. On releasing the button the wire is captured against the spring. Difficult to describe but will become obvious when your speaker arrives.
Ian

The EVs in my Mark IV and 1x12 both have the push button terminals. I think on some of the older ones they were both black, but on both of mine they're red/black. I could of course be mistaken, but they're push buttons nonetheless.

doesn't matter which way you hook them up, so long as they are in phase with the other speakers in your rig.

You can take a 9V battery and touch it to the speaker terminals. this will make the speaker cone move either out or in. Repeat this procedure and you can determine which posts are - and +.

Latest posts

Back