Ever seen a black shorthead LSC for sale?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I'd LOVE to have a shorthead LSC in black tolex... do they even exist?

It would go on top of the left cab next to my DC-3 if I got one:

IMG_0239.jpg

How kick arse would that be?!!!

Yeah, I talked to Mesa last week, they're not making the shorty Lonestars anymore, but they used to! They look so sweet!

-dave

jaquetapus said:
Yeah, I talked to Mesa last week, they're not making the shorty Lonestars anymore, but they used to! They look so sweet!

-dave

Ah ha! So they USED to!!!! That is good news! Now I just need to locate a used one... which is how I shop for Mesas anyway given the cost difference b/w used and new...

MusicManJP6 said:
Mr_You said:
No sorry they only make them in medium or long length heads.

Then what is this?

It's the blue one - definitely a Lonestar AND a shorthead...

I dunno, maybe they made a few when they first introduced them, but they are not an option as indicated on the website. Maybe the 10/50/100 option killed it.

When I ordered a 10/50/100 Lonestar head as a factory replacement, Mesa said a short head wasn't available.

Good luck finding one!

They're out there. You just gotta find one that probably was custom ordered black.

Shouldn't be hard to work out the dimensions. The width is determined by the amp facia, the rest I guess would be normal head depth. The short head looks to be not as tall which is the only tricky one.

Mork said:
Shouldn't be hard to work out the dimensions. The width is determined by the amp facia, the rest I guess would be normal head depth. The short head looks to be not as tall which is the only tricky one.

The width, thickness, depth (?) and height are all exactly the same as the Mark short head. The only difference (besides possibly depth) is the face cutout above the front panel. It is straight, not slanted like the Mark-style face, and has that top cutout, which is exactly the same as in the combo cabinets and can easily be measured from one. Pretty sure this would be quite easy for George to make once he got the specific measurements.

Someone here would have to confirm the depth and mounting screw-placement, though. I know at least one forumite here has one of these. I believe he has posted in one of those Lonestar/Mesa rig picture threads... :wink:

EDIT: The Lonestar cab in the picture side by side with the Mark IIC+s does look a bit lower in height, but remember that the old Boogie cabs were pretty inconsistent in dimensions, so it's still very possible it is made after the standard-factory-shorthead height. Check this out where it's side by side with a (most likely newer) Mark IV:

mp_jp_002.jpg

MusicManJP6 said:
I'd LOVE to have a shorthead LSC in black tolex... do they even exist?

It would go on top of the left cab next to my DC-3 if I got one:

IMG_0239.jpg

How kick arse would that be?!!!

You are in luck, There is a Blue one on E-Bay right now-You could always have it recovered :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190306504655&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

gts said:
Didn't Mesa discontinue the short head Lonestars due to some proximity issue between the chasis and ?? the reverb tank?? causing some odd interference or something or other?? I know there was some issue just can't remember what. I read about it on the board awhile back.
Yeah I could probably build one but don't have a lonestar..... yet. ;-)

i bet they were discontinued because they were so difficult to get the chassis into the amp! we had one at work and it was a PITA to get into the amp

Latest posts

Back