Eminence Delta Pro 12A with Mark Series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwayne

Reaction score
Anyone here try the Delta Pro 12 Alpha with their Mark Series amp? These are supposed to be compatible to the EVM-12L. I found some new on eBay at $110 shipped. I'd like to hear some user comments before I take the plunge.

My son replaced the C90 celestion in his Mk III with a Delta Pro 12a a few months ago and is totally happy with it. He tried three different C90's, all had annoying edge yowl. The Delta handles 300 watts & is supposedly very similar to an EVM12L, some say the top end is smoother. It's great for Jazz & Jazz funk (his style) & metal, maybe a bit clean for classic rock?

I have one installed in my Mesa 1x12 Thiele cab. AWESOME speaker with huge low end and very easy on the high end - not spiky at all. They are 400 watts so you can drive them as hard as you want! I'd buy another one in a second.

Almost forgot, I run a Mark IV short head through the Thiele cab. It is the ultimate in power and versatility yet extremely portable.

Latest posts

Back