Effects Looping Mesa Dual Rectifier w/G Major and other Peda

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I currently have a TC Electronic G-Major in the efects loop of my Dual Rectifier (Mesa send into Input left of TC and Mesa Return in output left of TC). I want to add a Wah and MXR unit to the loop? Could someone provide some guidance on how to add these two effects to my FX Loop?
Thanks
Marty

its been a while since u posted this but here goes if you still read it!

a wah and depending on what mxr pedal maybe phaser or something you want to use generally go BEFORE your amp...

however you can experiment and put them in the loop either before or after the g major.

i always thought that wah sounded best directly after guitar since you want the signal before it is touched by any eqing or pre amp coloring to be "Wahed" already

but it sounds totally different in the loop because a preamp conditioned signal is getting wahed.

try both see what you like most. just understand conventionally people put wah before amp. but then again conventionally people do unconventional things. it;s a matter of taste. by now 3/4 of year after your post hopefully you figured it out if not then better late than never!!!

cheers

Latest posts

Back