Effects loop on C+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfarnell

Reaction score
I've owned a few Mark IIC+ amps over the years but I've never tried effects through the loop until now. I don't like the result. It seems like all of the tone has been sucked out of it. I'm running an Lexicon LXP-5 through the loop and it deadens the sound of the amp.

Is this common or do others like the effects loop on the C+? Any tips?

Are you certain the loop is the problem and not your effects device? Try plugging a cable from the send to the return of the loop and that will tell you if you are losing any tone from the loop itself. If the test comes out showing the loop working fine then you should start looking at settings (especially input/output as well as individual volumes in each effect block) or possibly a new effects device.

Greg

I dont use effects and have never used the efects loop on my C+,but from what I have heard,certain effects just dont sound good in the loop and are better in front of the amp,could be the Lexicon is one?

I use a TC 2290 and a TC g major into the fx loop of my c+ and it's fine and no sound deteriorates.
Try to change lxp-5 with another device because it's noisy like the lxp-1.
Probably you need an external mixer..

Latest posts

Back