Dr problem...brand new amp.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stealth

Reaction score
Hey guys was up...just bough a double-recto.I arrive at home,take my time plug the beast everything is going good...love it.Go to dinner,come back plug again and this time I got a hum that is waving...something like Woooin woooin woooin and it seem(Though I'm not sure cause I was just starting to learn haow set the babe)to cut a bit of the sustain or maybe the complete signal,not sure though, That thing is coming only when I roll my volume in,if I play loud my playing sound will surpass that hum....Any Idea what it is??
Stealth

The more I play the more I find it sound like when you have some light dimer coming in to your amp playing live in a small club but instead it it like a tremollo sound...quite a bugger!!

Sounds like a bad preamp tube to me. Use the manual's diagnostic page for troubleshooting your preamp tubes.

My guess would be, considering you tried it after coming back from dinner and the chances are it was dark, that you had more lights and stuff on that possibly caused some noise through the AC mains. Try it again during the day with no lights etc on. If the noise is that bad you might want to invest in a power conditioner.

Ciao ...

sounds definetely like a tube/valve problem.

MESA should stop this hammering on the tubes! the tube might work afterwards but for how long and how much damage is caused by the hammering?

regards

Thanx guys I appreciate your input...I'm going to the shop today...I'll give you some news!!
Stealth
P.S. Can't wait to start playing MUSIC with that babe!!:):)

Latest posts

Back