Does this cab sound stock?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisRocksUSA

Reaction score
its a mesa standard 4x12

the seller contacted me again with some more info. Heres what he said:

So sorry I didn't get back to you ASAP. That was a tough day and later
in the evening I accidentally deleated your #. Woops! Anyway the cab
is 280 watt 4-12 4FB with cl-30. Hopefully that answers your question.
Call me at 321-276-3856 before saturday my friend.

Take care,

edit - cl30 isn;t the same as celestion vintage 30 is it?

I looked up what the standards come with stock, and it says V30s. I looked up celestion's website and found they have a speaker called the "classic lead"

this sounds like it might be the cl-30, however this only comes in 80 watts.

is there anyway to look up what speakers mesa put in their standard recto cabs in the past?

to my knowledge, the classic lead did not come in a "30" offering. only the 80, which is now relabled as the cl90. im pretty sure he meant celestion 30. the mesa std's are 280watts. it sounds normal to me.

Elpelotero said:
to my knowledge, the classic lead did not come in a "30" offering. only the 80, which is now relabled as the cl90. im pretty sure he meant celestion 30. the mesa std's are 280watts. it sounds normal to me.

is celestion 30 the vintage 30?

Yeah....all mesa cabs (the newer ones atleast) come with vintage 30's. The wattage seems correct! Has he sent you a pic? If it's one of the newer cabs, it has V30's.

Botch said:
He's probably just shortened 'Celestion Vintage 30' to cl-30. Why not call him and make sure?

I called him, he said he got that from the back of the cab, but he didn't open it

I'm thinking it has the classic lead speakers.

Not true! I talked to a sales guy about getting a Mesa 4x12 and he asked if I wanted V-30's or the Black Shadows (Classic lead 80 I think). I asked him if it was a "custom" option he replied no.

Latest posts

Back