Does the Mark V really deliver?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mungo Zen said:
MarkIVwidebody said:
wow. 1 post and that was it? let's start hating on kerry king now

King does a good Kirk Hammett impersonation, although I don't think he is that bad on purpose.

No, he's worse. :lol: Listen to his crafty work on the 2 Beasty Boys songs, No Sleep till Brooklyn and Fight For Your Right. That's about as bad as the worst throw-down out of key Turkey Fight you'll hear.

danyeo1 said:
No, he's worse. :lol: Listen to his crafty work on the 2 Beasty Boys songs, No Sleep till Brooklyn and Fight For Your Right. That's about as bad as the worst throw-down out of key Turkey Fight you'll hear.

If you don't think those solos are pure comedy - I think you need to lighten up pops. That newborn is messing with you.

oh no is there dave mustank (just kiddin) fans ripping on kirk? go to youtube listen to the original metallica demos with dave, the solos have no soul or vibe, just non stop shredding, and while thats not a bad thing he's just not as tasteful a player as hammett.

and bashing on that live solo???? this guy is in his mid 40's and played thousands of shows, he's bound to have a bad night every once in a while. i think it shows class that they still released that video even though he butchered that solo. you get to see, yes they really are human in a not so fighting with each other in front of a therapist on camera kinda way:)

oh yeh... SLAYER!!! :twisted:

AND (thats a big and) mark v forever!!!

actually they released it. see that little metallica.com logo down in the corner, this is one of there official live vid releases they been doing through out the touring for death magnetic. it may have been reposted by a fan but it come from there official site. they would make you tube take that vid down if it had that logo and was unofficial.

Yea I guessed and didn't look at it long enough. I'm sure they don't care what we think. Can you name any "legendary" guitarist that a lot of people don't think sucks? No way. For me Hendrix was ahead of his time but greatly over-rated as well as Stevie Ray Vaughn....etc. I actually know Kerry King is way better than he gets credit for and Gary Moore deserves some fame....and Andy LaRocque. I don't care for Jimmy Paige......etc.

MarkIVwidebody said:
Yea I guessed and didn't look at it long enough. I'm sure they don't care what we think. Can you name any "legendary" guitarist that a lot of people don't think sucks? No way. For me Hendrix was ahead of his time but greatly over-rated as well as Stevie Ray Vaughn....etc. I actually know Kerry King is way better than he gets credit for and Gary Moore deserves some fame....and Andy LaRocque. I don't care for Jimmy Paige......etc.

Spot on my man.

Andy and Gary are seriously overlooked guitarists.

Uncle Muscles said:
And can it do metal?

Had a dude stop by tonight to buy my old Avatar cab from me, so I let him try the cab with my Mark V. He said he wasn't a Boogie fan, this from a guy touting his Bugera 6262 as a killer amp. After 5 minutes on my Mark V in Mark IV mode, he was taking his new car down-payment and ordering a new Mk V and throwing his Bugera in the trash can(well, Ebay!) This amp does metal very well, but it's the fact that it does everything well that makes it so great.

danyeo1 said:
If you think the Death Magnetic solos ain't that bad, then i don't know what to tell you. I think anyone with a few years of playing time could do as good or better than that slop. Whatever floats your boat though.
Sad to say it but kirks solos are a major let down....mark v is a great amp. I have it running thru an orange 2x12 and it's a huuuge tone...

Latest posts

Back