Does the Mark V really deliver?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MrMarkIII said:
theyre geared towards metal and modern rock. im sure theyre quite versatile, but to question a modern-day mark series amp's ability to do metal?
metal/modern tones are what theyre used for probably 90 % of the time, vaginaface.
For those of you with ESL classes: Never questioned the ability to do metal, my point was precisely the opposite... :D
By the way, that's where your mom's was... :lol:

youre a weak little aids victim.

danyeo1 said:
Yes it delivers. Each one comes packed with it's own fleshlight.

And if one was looking for good tone, I'd do the opposite of whatever Mike Morton says.

Hmm, Mark Morton has some very good metal tone...

rispsira said:
Uncle Muscles said:
I'm in a Norwegian death metal tribute band. We play Abba covers and Nickelback exclusively. Should I buy this amp or get a vintage 1966 fender champ and a Boss Metal Zone pedal?

PS: i hope you have a 7 sting guitars heavily detuned for the Abba covers. and a tip is id get a keeley modified guitar.

My keeley modified Mark IIC+ is awesome. Will my keeley modified mark five sound the same? Will it deliver the goods. I just emailed mesa about the new Mark Morton keeley modified Mark 5 fleshlight custom. I can't wait to get it. I am number 1 on waiting list.

Uncle Muscles said:
rispsira said:
Uncle Muscles said:
I'm in a Norwegian death metal tribute band. We play Abba covers and Nickelback exclusively. Should I buy this amp or get a vintage 1966 fender champ and a Boss Metal Zone pedal?

PS: i hope you have a 7 sting guitars heavily detuned for the Abba covers. and a tip is id get a keeley modified guitar.

My keeley modified Mark IIC+ is awesome. Will my keeley modified mark five sound the same? Will it deliver the goods. I just emailed mesa about the new Mark Morton keeley modified Mark 5 fleshlight custom. I can't wait to get it. I am number 1 on waiting list.

Whats your serial number? (not the amps) If you send us more details we can definetely help you...

Meanwhile check "the exorcism of Randy Roads" (or was it emily roads?) for more details about contacting mesa.

We appreciate your interest in our forum,
thank you.

Mungo Zen said:
Why the hate for Mark Morton? It's not like he is in Metallica....

Personnaly (reading my posts) i think its just me starting to get crazy. It must be the wait for the head :evil:

Mungo Zen said:
Why the hate for Mark Morton? It's not like he is in Metallica....

And then it would be ok to hate him? I do like LoG but Metallica is well beyond being worthy of praise, though the general public seems to love hating them.

Iconoclysm said:
danyeo1 said:
Yes it delivers. Each one comes packed with it's own fleshlight.

And if one was looking for good tone, I'd do the opposite of whatever Mike Morton says.

Hmm, Mark Morton has some very good metal tone...

I respectfully disagree. I don't like anything about LOG.

Sorry for a partial thread derail. I was trollin with my Mark Morton comment.

Mark and Willie are easy to exclude by a lot of guitar players because they are fairly technical rhythm writers, but only starting to really flex their soloing skills (at least with the band). When I first heard New American Gospel I was sold on the band. They aren't always good or consistent, but they have some stuff that really grabs you by the balls and sometimes that counts for more then just their tone or skills (although I do like some of the Lamb of God tones).

Metallica are an easy target, they are the modern Rolling Stones or Aerosmith, just churning out pulp and going on sold out tours so they can play 80% of their back catalog. I did see them on the most recent tour (with Lamb of God opening in fact) and they put on one hell of a show. Still, it would be nice if say, they took a page from their contemporaries (Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax) and put out new anthems and modern classics to rock to.

Now my next question to bring this back to the OP's pseudo topic....

Can I get Down NOLA tones....that is my goal for the day!

Mungo Zen said:
Sorry for a partial thread derail. I was trollin with my Mark Morton comment.

Mark and Willie are easy to exclude by a lot of guitar players because they are fairly technical rhythm writers, but only starting to really flex their soloing skills (at least with the band). When I first heard New American Gospel I was sold on the band. They aren't always good or consistent, but they have some stuff that really grabs you by the balls and sometimes that counts for more then just their tone or skills (although I do like some of the Lamb of God tones).

Metallica are an easy target, they are the modern Rolling Stones or Aerosmith, just churning out pulp and going on sold out tours so they can play 80% of their back catalog. I did see them on the most recent tour (with Lamb of God opening in fact) and they put on one hell of a show. Still, it would be nice if say, they took a page from their contemporaries (Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax) and put out new anthems and modern classics to rock to.

Now my next question to bring this back to the OP's pseudo topic....

Can I get Down NOLA tones....that is my goal for the day!

So how was the show. I haven't seen LOG since Gigantour.

MarkIVwidebody said:
although Death Magnetic does have some good tunes finally

Yes the songs are decent on Death Magnetic, but the solos sound like your average 12 year old at Guitar Center on a Saturday afternoon. It's amazing that Kirk has gotten worse over the years when considering he plays in a band for a living.

i know im swinging off topic here if you find the down tone(im thinkin its living somewhere in channel 2?) please share the wealth. i saw vids from their download festival performance today and they have switched to orange.

back on topic this head is the end to all. i would prolly own other heads just to say i have them but, there really is no need.

Latest posts

Back