Does anyone make top back pannels for Boogie halfback cabs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
I have a cream colored metal grill half back cab that matches my c+ long head, and i'd like to keep them together.
every other metal grill cab i've had, had a back pannel for the top, and i thought they sounded killer.
I never liked it open. So is there anyone who has cashed in on the seemingly simple task of making a back pannel with old school "rough" tolex?

If you can find that Tolex, the process is really easy. I have one, but I'd love to have another for my other 2x12 HB. GTS did a great job on my head shell, but don't know if he'd do a simple panel.

I'd contact Boogie, as they may still make those. I purchased one from them in black tolex about 6-7 years ago. The price was reasonable and it came with the screws etc. I installed the back onto the cab and never took it off because it sounded so good. I've since sold the cab because I downsized to a 2x12 setup.

If Boogie no longer has any left, then I'd ask George (GTS) to make you one like Dodger suggested.

Yeah I've made few.

The only concern would be matching the tolex exactly.
The two cream colored tolexes available these days aren't an exact color match.
Probably because the cream on the old ones has faded over the years.
For the tolex available today one is a bit lighter and one a bit darker. (But hey since it's a back panel it'd be somewhat out of sight.)

Jim are there any holes on the back which would indicate there was a back panel at some point?
It wouldn't be unusual if there aren't as Mesa made them with and without top back panels.

I'm not super concerned with cosmetics, if it was slightly off color, thats no big deal. I'm function over fashion, believe me :lol:
there was never a back panel on this one. no screw holes at all.

Back