? Does anyone from Mesa Boogie visit or is a member here ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennq45

Reaction score
Hmmm. I was wondering if anyone from Mesa ever visited this board? Maybe they secretly lurk in the shadows. Sure would be nice if they popped in from now and then.

I think it is obvious that someone from there sometimes take a look at here !
But of course mesa don't give a **** about what we expect from them.

:wink:

Yes, the folks from Mesa stop in once and a while and leave a correction or two about our comments. I would also like to recommend that we maintain decorum when referring to them and things we love or dislike about their methods. After all we do use their products, why bite the hand that ulitmately feeds you. They are a great bunch of guys who are dedicated to the tools that allow us musicians our voice of expression.

They are a great bunch of guys who are dedicated to the tools that allow us musicians our voice of expression.[/quote]

sorry I desagree.
They want money.
It is a company .
I love mesa but I am not naive. :wink:

sombra said:
They are a great bunch of guys who are dedicated to the tools that allow us musicians our voice of expression.

sorry I desagree.
They want money.
It is a company .
I love mesa but I am not naive. :wink:[/quote]
you're partially right sombra, but there's no company that cares about your enjoyment like Mesa does. You can understand it reading the manuals and the articles... it seems to me they know they're making very fine and enjoyable instruments, and they have a strong desire to make you able to be happy with your amp..

Another thought... Is Mesa openly traded on the stock market? If so then its the stockholders that run the show. I don't think so but I may be wrong.

sombra said:
sorry I desagree.
They want money.
It is a company .
I love mesa but I am not naive. :wink:

Of course there is the business aspect... We all need to survive. Yet you cannot disagree that they make a useable and good product. Otherwise we would not be having this cyber-conversation.

Yet you cannot disagree that they make a useable and good product. [/quote]

I never said that ! :shock:

you didn't understood my point.

Mesa does the best guitar amps to me but they will never change (triaxis as an example ) to suit our needs.
Why ?
because it is a world champion !
Buy it the way it is or leave it .
Of course if the sells drop down they will listening to what we are wanting.
So mesa's owner is rich so don't waste our time talking about it.
Life is too short :wink:

sombra said:
you didn't understood my point.

Mesa does the best guitar amps to me but they will never change (triaxis as an example ) to suit our needs.
Why ?
because it is a world champion !
Buy it the way it is or leave it .
Of course if the sells drop down they will listening to what we are wanting.
So mesa's owner is rich so don't waste our time talking about it.
Life is too short :wink:

I think they are listening to what is going on here. There are some cool changes rumored and if true, it will be huge. As far as Randall is concerned everyone has the right to seek fortune in a Capitailistic society. Good for him, you can't hassle the man for reaping what he has sewn.

You will never find a company more dedicated to tone or customer service.

Jim Aschow runs Mesa / Boogie and is an incredible person, superb caninet designer and a he is a logistical genius. With Jim running Mesa it allows Randy and Doug all the time they desire to design. They never rest on there laurels and and pushing every possible envelope to reach the pinnacle of tone, reliability and design. We must all understand that not all prototypes and projects make it to production. Each step is a learning process that may be the exact circuit or feature that a future project may require. I would say thay Mesa has been more progressive in the last five years than any other amplifier company. All this and the added benefit of a human on the other end of your phone when you need it. Not a myriad of options that lead you to hang up because you forgot the first 12 promps. Mesa is not perfect, but they sure the hell try to be.

Well said. Obviously you're never going to please everyone all the time. What's important to one guy may not mean anything to the next. That's just life! But Mesa is surely pleasing a lot more people than they are annoying! They wouldn't be in business if they weren't.

yes I´m from mesa and I read the forum :?
well really I´m not from mesa but I repair theirs **** triaxis for many people :D I know that triaxis becomes mad so many tech on my country, I´m a bit lucky because after several months I understand the philosophy of triaxis, even some tech send me people with triaxis to repair because a triaxis is not a good business to repair, it is so hard, and you couldn´t ask for 500 dollars for a repair because people aren´t rich, so even I don´t earn so much money repairing triaxis is a hobby for me. So in a certain manner I repair the collapses of triaxis boogie family, am I from mesa then¿¿¿¿ the answer is a great NO only a mad boy with a lot of free time on weekend.
Nice to see you again boogie babies

Hey fatboy what is the most regular problem that triaxis have ?
Any advices about how to avoid it or any other problem ?
thanks man

fatboy135 said:
triaxis is a great beast, but it is like a puppy of 3 months, you need to take a lot of cares with it, the most common problems are with the digital enviroment, and the optoacopleurs

Any advices ?
How to avoid problems with the digital enviroment, and the optoacopleurs(what is this ?)

thanks

the best advice as for all the digital machines is that they are very afraid to voltages changes, if you get an unusual voltage drop the machine will freeze inmediately, sometimes the triaxis is able to reset byself because it gets into a redundant state, the machine asserts that state and the logical implemented resets the machine, on the other hand there are also sometimes that TA gets totally freeze. the best advice is to get a furman voltage regulator that estabilized the output voltage between two optimal values
optos are a device implemented with a led an opto, basically and far from a tech explain, the led emitts a light and the opto gets that lights it seems ti be an electro optical transducer it converts light impulses into voltage when you polarizate an opto even the components are isolated the signal flows.
that components are used like classical on/off switches, they let to pass or not to pass the signal, so if you want to change a mode from the triaxis some optos will close, other will open and differents parts of circuits will engaged disengaged ( ohhh it is so dificult explain electronics on a foreigner language )
For the optos there isn´t any advice, only just buy some of them because the degrade very fast, and they are a classical issue on guitar amps, there is another way to do an on/off switch if you get a fet or a bipolar transistor you could get into the cut and saturate zones like a bistable, with a logical environment, but this is another history...

thanks fat it was a hell of explanation :p

So the truth is we have to pray and wait for what will come huhauahauhuah

I have a furman pl-plus. It is good or doesn't make any difference ?

Back