Delay/Reverb with a Rectifier??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdylan

Reaction score
Sorry for yet another thread about this but none of the ones I could find really answer my questions.

I am wondering what Delay / Reverb pedals you guys are using with a Rectifier head and how are you setting up the loops when using them.

I am not looking hear the best etc etc but what you guys are actually using to help narrow down my search for the right pedal for me.

Lots of replies would be helpful

Thanks.

I'm using the Electro-Harmonix HOLIER Grail....much better than the holy grail, and doesn't carry the problems that pedals usually does.

Great reverb.....very natural, and it's just an amazing touch. Run it in the loop with no troubles at all.

I use a Korg DRV-3000. Pretty good reverbs\delays, very customizable. Picked it up for $60 on Ebay.

Eric Johnson uses it as well.

Anyone else? I was hoping for a bunch of replies with at least 2 people stating at least one of the same pedals lol

Thanks again

I'm using the Boss DD-20. Works great because you can switch the pedal for line level or instrument level. that helps with an effect in a loop.

The T-Rex probably wouldn't work too well in the loop since it's true bypass. At least to me anyway, true bypass pedals cut the overall volume down when they're turned off.

Dave Simpson said:
The T-Rex probably wouldn't work too well in the loop since it's true bypass. At least to me anyway, true bypass pedals cut the overall volume down when they're turned off.

:?:

T-Rex pedals aren't buffered. True bypass pedals are instrument level, so unless you are using a buffer to bring them up to line level when they're off you're losing whatever output gain the effect is giving you when it's on.

My experience with pedals in loops is they usual sound like crap because they where meant to be run before the pre-amp. That's another endless subject about true bypass pedals verses buffered pedals. To each his own tone wise. If it works for you, go for it. :D

Latest posts

Back