Decision time

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnoel64

Reaction score
I have decided I want a "real" Recto. I already have a Badlander 25 and I LOVE that amp. It's a pure rock and roll machine. But I've been GASsing for one of the mini rectifiers. So, it's down to a Rectoverb 25 or the standard Mini Rectifier. I found one comparison video on YT, but I can't see the settings, so I can't determine how much leeway there is. In that video, the Rectoverb seemed to have more low mids - something I personally enjoy especially after using an Electradyne for a long time. The mini Recto just seemed thinner and a little brighter. Again, if I were able to see how the guy dialed them in, it could sway my opinion on either amp.

Has anyone here compared both in the real world? I totally understand how tone is very subjective, but I am open to hear opinions from those that have actual experience with these little beasts.

And yes, I know the 25 watt versions are not the same as a Dual Rec or Triple Rec. The minis only use diodes instead of rectifier tubes. I'm totally ok with that. It's not the mechanics for me, it's the sound.

I personally am not a fan of the EL84 tubes. However, I did have an opportunity to hear a Mesa TA30 combo and thought that sounded really good. As for the mini recto amps, are they not both the same but one with reverb? Not familiar with the lunch box versions.

Have you seen this video yet? A comparison of the BAD25 to the RECTOV25. Thought it was interesting. I assume this is done with the load box you see in the right side of the screen.

Latest posts

Back