De La Hoya/ Mayweather

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
That had to be the worst let down for such a hyped fight I have ever seen.

Who else thought the fight sucked?

No surprise, two skilled boxers are going to box not slug it out.

Yup, too much hype for a dissappointing performance. Yup, a let down.

What do you expect? (UFC) Chuck Lindell -vs- Tito Ortiz or something?

I just thought it would have been a better fight. It looked like an over glorified sparring workout to me. Neither fighter looked like they had boxed 12 rounds after the fight. Mayweather was smiling most of the fight even after exchanges after he got the worse end. Oscar gave up on his left jab (his most effective punch). Mayweather wouldn't engage. I understand stick and move but that was ridiculous. He blocked over half of Oscar's punches. Realistically Oscar could have been throwing bombs and Mayweather could have been all over Oscar like flies on sh!t.

I think it was partly a conspiracy. Oscar's production company ran the fight. His trainer was his opponent's father. Regardless of outcome Oscar was making 30 million. He basically gave up the belt and payed the Mayfield 10 million for the event.

Russ said:
...I think it was partly a conspiracy. Oscar's production company ran the fight. His trainer was his opponent's father. Regardless of outcome Oscar was making 30 million. He basically gave up the belt and payed the Mayfield 10 million for the event.
thwap.gif

There is now talk speculating a rematch. What a production... Is this a calculated money making scheme?

Russ said:
There is now talk speculating a rematch. What a production... Is this a calculated money making scheme?
Yeah, and they're promising a better fight. :roll:

I say they should have to fight bare fisted because of the BS of the first fight and just maybe let them tape up just to help keep their hands together but that's it.

I think they should do it for free also. It is just the principle of the fact that they fought a terrible fight. Why give them the chance to stick it to the boxing fan, again? I really think someone should have at least came out of the ring looking like they got in a fight. That was pathetic. It looked like controlled sparring.

Back