• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DC 10 COMBO 750.00 available again

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don diego

Reaction score
I have sold here before , I have a DC 10 combo, 100 watts, 2 x 12, last year of production( was it 97?98? ), the good one,the second version, earlier ones have different gain sound not as good IMHO I am the original owner and ordered it directly form Boogie, you could do that then.I. The caps are fine, my amp wiz just gave it once over.The tubes are originall , because of the low hours.Nice little velco "mesa" bag in the chassis for spare tubes, pedal etc. Footswitch included,its the only thing that has any wear on it bacause Ive used it with my other Mesas. Black original cover for the amp included. It has remained in my smoke free recording studio for 10 plus years, took it out only 2 or 3 times, never to gigs, only to record at other studios.. The clean channel is one of the closest "fender" clean of any Mesa amp, very unmesa clean like, nothing like the clean on my DC 5's. It is a round and fat clean, never thin or wirey sounding. Push pull on the clean to get more crunch (footswitchable). You can switch between 60 and 100 watts on the amp.You can turn off the EQ on the footswitch, all channels accessible as well.The high gain is where this amp SHINES!! It is the highest gain mesa tone I have ever heard, more than a recto, and more than a MArk IV, sold my recto when I got into these dc 10's, kept my Mark cause its custom. I prefer the dc 10's clean and dirty to my Mark IV.It is closer to a recto's gain, but more, I The amp is equipped with awesome rolling casters that lock on and off wiith a twist.These are designed so well, thay are as solid as screwed in casters, and will never fall off when locked, youll love casters because this amp is very heavy and the caster just roll sweetly..Great design wish all my amps had them. THis amp will hurt your ears, it is dangerously loud, and the high gain is my favorite all time high gain tone.full on mesa boogie high gain heaven, and a beautifull clean, switchable to crunch clean channell.A two cahnnell amp that really is 3 channels. . I know how to ship but if it eases your mind Ill take it to a fed /ex ups store and you can pay them to ship it. Im in Portland Oregon, if you want this amp and know the DC line then you know what this amp is capable of, serious buyers only. 750..00 $,. 971 344 3851 is my phone, email, is [email protected]

because honestly 1 grand is way to much. 800 in mint condition tops. you can get a MKIV for 1,000 these days mine was only 1200. I paid 700 for my dc10 a year ago.

kartoffel said:
because honestly 1 grand is way to much. 800 in mint condition tops. you can get a MKIV for 1,000 these days mine was only 1200. I paid 700 for my dc10 a year ago.

+1

kartoffel said:
I own a Mark IV , and I personally prefer both my DC10's to my mark IV head.My Mark II c + eats my Mark IV alive, and while I love the IIc+ gain stage, its clean is nowhere as good as the dc 10.

It's not about what you like. I prefer the dc10 lead to the Mark IV as well. Just my preference I guess although through the combo's speakers(c90s) it sounds like rubbish it has to be ran through a thiele, closed 2x12 or 4x12 to sound good same goes for the mark.

If you sell it to anyone here that has a decent amount of posts you won't need to worry about being scammed. More people on this board will be worried about you scamming them because of your low posts, how you don't want to use paypal, how there are no pics, and your high price. $900 is still a lot.

IM don diego on the Collings guitar forum, check me out there ,if you are sceptical. Ill ad pics as soon as I get a camera to the studio.. If you are not interested in my amp, please dont try to scuttle my ad. If you are interested,contact me and we can do paypal or however you want to feel comfortable.I will say there are alot of warnings of scamming here so I felt I needed to address it.I dont post here because honestly , I know many folks at mesa, and used to get amps and products sent to me for trial form thier artist relations program in the 90's and early 2000's. No disrespect, but I get info from the experts at mesa, not people who I dont know. Thanks I mean no disrespect. JP Vargas Portland Oregon. Pics coming next week.

kartoffel said:
It's not about what you like. I prefer the dc10 lead to the Mark IV as well. Just my preference I guess although through the combo's speakers(c90s) it sounds like rubbish it has to be ran through a thiele, closed 2x12 or 4x12 to sound good same goes for the mark.
so its not about what I like, but its about what you like???Very self serving. I own 2 thiele 1x 12 cabinets and I notice a little more tightness, but not rubbish.

don diego said:
kartoffel said:
so its not about what I like, but its about what you like???Very self serving. I own 2 thiele 1x 12 cabinets and I notice a little more tightness, but not rubbish.

No, it's not about what anyone likes. It is about market value. Whether or not you think the amp is worth that, Mark series amps sell in this price range all day long, while the lower-end DC/Caliber/F-series stuff just doesn't command the same amount of money. They were cheaper when produced, and in greater quantity, and thus will simply not be worth the same as the top of the line Mark series stuff.

Pics coming this weekend, sorry I cant get them any quicker.Once again, could we refrain from posting negative comments on an item you have no interest in buying. . Thanks, I am asking nicely. :p I am negotiable, but this amp has less hours than any DC10 combo you will find that isnt NOS, and my price reflects the care Ive given it.Im am getting alot of interest locally on Craigs list, would like it to got to a boogie enthusiast here like my dc 5 did.Im going to be selling my Mark IV here after this combo goes.The bubinga is stunning, and it wont be cheap either.jp

Not using a tube amplifier regularly can actually cause the filter capacitors to unform. A tube amp will be healthier and perform better provided it is used regularly and maintained appropriately. Just sayin'.

Yes I know this, the amp was played every few months for the time I have had it. I have also recorded with it in my studio. I live in the town Euro tubes is located and they just checked out the caps and everything. They check out alot of my amps, I own vintage sunns and they are THE sunn guys.I

I took this amp off the for sale, it is available again for 750.00 in portland Or. Pay pal to your confirmed address. I am don diego on the COLLINGS GUITAR FORUM and have bought and sold there many times, have references. I mention that because of my low posts here.

I'm interested and actually am happy to find this post since your craigs post expired. I'm in Portland. Check your PM for #

Latest posts

Back