Danger: Graphic content may be disturbing to some viewers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless Rocks

Reaction score
100_2937.jpg

This mess was suppose to be a second set of drive and master controls for the lead channel.

100_2938.jpg

And what's worse the idjot could not use a soldering iron either.

100_2941.jpg

I have restored the IV to original and I'll show the after pics tommorow.

Boys and Girls; please don't try to mod your own amp. The new owner of the amp is spending a lot of money to have this undone.

The funny (sick??) thing iswhoever did the modding actually thought the wireties made the work somehow neater :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, that truly is a disturbing shot. Ya oughtta email it to Mesa just for the fun of it, really! Then may get a kick out of it ...or block you from their server!! :)

Edward

as if the Mark IV wasnt complicated enough :lol:

It was interesting to see that they tried to use relays to switch stuff but come on! that is one hell of a rats nest!

Okay here's an update and some after photos: I'm still waiting on the arrival of the lead drive pull/pot and a new 5pin XLR jack

100_2954.jpg

100_2955-1.jpg

100_2957.jpg

100_2958.jpg

I'd almost consider trading my bench time for these:

100_2960.jpg

and here's what came out:

100_2965.jpg

There is NO way this guy needed 5 DPDT relays and 6 miles of wire to fit a second set of Drive/Master controls. And did he use super glue to mount them to the PT? :shock:

Better: Epoxy, and he glued all the LED's in the footswitch with Epoxy. The ftsw was also a mess and I had to smash out the led's to get the board out to remove the junk in it also.

Restless Rocks said:
Better: Epoxy, and he glued all the LED's in the footswitch with Epoxy. The ftsw was also a mess and I had to smash out the led's to get the board out to remove the junk in it also.

Ouch, lol. This reminds me of a post on Jemsite where a member wondered why his neck pickup wasn't working and he used alligator clips to install everything :roll:

Good job so far on the de-mod Restless!

edward said:
The funny (sick??) thing iswhoever did the modding actually thought the wireties made the work somehow neater :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, that truly is a disturbing shot. Ya oughtta email it to Mesa just for the fun of it, really! Then may get a kick out of it ...or block you from their server!! :)

Edward
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back