Concerning about the future of Mark Series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredding

Reaction score
Ok, this may be dumb but when people talk about Mesa boogies, the recto series will be the first come to mind. Just look at the very short endorsee list on Mesa boogie website. As the recto series taking over the market, do you believe they will end the Mark Line?

i'm a recent convert of the Mark series amp from a couple of rectifiers i had in the past and I couldn't believe the amazing sound quality of the Mark IV. But the Mark series is just not very marketable and how many guitar centers you've seen that carriy any of the mark products?

shredding said:
Ok, this may be dumb but when people talk about Mesa boogies, the recto series will be the first come to mind. Just look at the very short endorsee list on Mesa boogie website. As the recto series taking over the market, do you believe they will end the Mark Line?

i'm a recent convert of the Mark series amp from a couple of rectifiers i had in the past and I couldn't believe the amazing sound quality of the Mark IV. But the Mark series is just not very marketable and how many guitar centers you've seen that carriy any of the mark products?

I wouldn't worry about it. Fashion changes year to year. Mini skirts will be back soon too, Yea! The Recto sound is just a small segment of the market anyway. Not many of the virtuoso players use them because they are too muddy for anyone to appreciate anything complex or nuanced that the player is doing.

I wish they would make a Mark V. A modern high gain amp that can run with 5150's and rectos, but with that triditional tight and bright sounding tone you expect from a Mark. A 3 channel amp with R1 being Makr I clean, L1 being Mark IIc+ lead, and L2 being something beyond with similar voicing.

In the mean time, I very much like my Mark III. :p If their was a Mark V, I would buy it right away.

Elpelotero said:
i actually believe the music is shifting back to tight sounds, so the mark4 will have its day once again.

I have heard that there will be a new Mark series amp at the January NAMM show. I'm not sure if if will replace the MkIV or join it in the MESA lineup. I heard this undercover info from a friend who was recently talking to a person at MESA (high in the rankings) :wink: .

JOEY B. said:
Elpelotero said:
i actually believe the music is shifting back to tight sounds, so the mark4 will have its day once again.

I have heard that there will be a new Mark series amp at the January NAMM show. I'm not sure if if will replace the MkIV or join it in the MESA lineup. I heard this undercover info from a friend who was recently talking to a person at MESA (high in the rankings) :wink: .

Now how the heck am I supposed to afford this man? Santa isn't that rich!

Elpelotero said:
yeah, I believe in these last years many people moved from rectos to marks (also taking into consideration what many forum users here did). Rectos will remain Mesa's best-sellers for sure, but Marks have started being appreciated more and more, don't know if it happens 'cause people tend to be more acknowledged about what they really want from a guitar amp or what...

Jarrod said:
I wish they would make a Mark V. A modern high gain amp that can run with 5150's and rectos, but with that triditional tight and bright sounding tone you expect from a Mark. A 3 channel amp with R1 being Makr I clean, L1 being Mark IIc+ lead, and L2 being something beyond with similar voicing.

Sounding very like a Quad with a Simul power amp in a combo/head format...

A mesa quad based head with a simul power section would be awesome. But Mesa would need in my opinion to implement some midi channel switching and totally rework their R2 sounds. Mesa jsut doesn't have anything that can do midgain the way Egnater,Guytron,Suhr,Splawn can.

If Mesa could get the quad sounds but with a convincing R2 , I'd hit it for sure

rabies said:
JOEY B. said:
Elpelotero said:

I recall speaking to MBendenelli (or Bendelini??) about a year or so ago regarding Mark V and he said it's coming, it's planned but wait at least a year.

Maybe this is it. How can Mesa compete with Diezel amps right now??? That Korn/Tool mids-focused sound is pretty **** sick man...
you americans are obsessioned with those Diezels! :D Great amps but still far away from Mesa imho!

Latest posts

Back