Closest thing to a Mark Series in a pedal???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Hi!

Is anyone aware of an OD pedal that can do a good Mark I/II series impersonation I'm looking for the old Santana and early Larry Carlton tone. I've already checked out the Tech 21 Calf. pedal and it did not sound good straight into the amp. Wonderful thru the mixing board. Thanks!

Matt

im using mi audio tube zone, its the closest to a mark series tone IMO, i plugged it straight to my mark IVs fx return and dialed and it was so very close, and the tube zone has a 4 clipping stage just like the mark preamp.

I've been playing with an old MKIIB. I've found I can dial it in very close to sounding like my OceanEFX Pearl Drive and my hermida Zen Drive. So reversing it, these pedals can get very close to the Mark II. You didnt mention what Mark Series you're after...all are very different in my opinion. But, they are very dynamic and touch sensitive pedals. The Pearl is easier to dial in and has a touch more gain but both are great.

Latest posts

Back