Clean mesa stuff

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jdurso said:
BTW i wasnt trying to be a jerk when i asked about other amps that produce chrous naturally like the jc120... i'm actually very curious to see what else is out there.

i can't think of other combos that are designed like that. maybe some of the stereo L*ne 6 stuff? i dunno. what kind of jerk asks that anyway?? :wink:

lyman said:
jdurso said:
BTW i wasnt trying to be a jerk when i asked about other amps that produce chrous naturally like the jc120... i'm actually very curious to see what else is out there.

i can't think of other combos that are designed like that. maybe some of the stereo L*ne 6 stuff? i dunno. what kind of jerk asks that anyway?? :wink:

the vetta makes a half assed attempt at it but no where near as good. i could be mistaken but doesnt fender have a chorus based amp that creates its chorus the same way?

daveythomas said:
Guitar into Roadking. In the loops I have an Ensoniq DP2 for super verbs, chorus, and delays. Out of the DP2 I also go over to the JC120 so it gets all the preamp of the RK.

Running these two clean at the same time is amazing. Sounds HUGE. I might look into an ABY box to split and go into each amp.

Although the cleans on the RoadKing are awesome, there is nothing like the sound of a Rickenbacker through a JC120 dripping with chorus and huge reverb. I can relive the 90s shoegaze sound.

sweet setup man. i used to use a morely aby switch when i ran my mesa's with the jc120 and it worked out well. actually i used use both (clean+heavy) to get that huge sound during choruses and its just sounded awesome.

the jc120 i got is a PROPER vintage one, all the switches are totally different but it plays like a naughty little goat

yeh like I said the jc120 I got is REALLY old, it makes a bit of a hissing sound, and the chorus pulses, doesn't really sound like the new version I tried in the shop...

Latest posts

Back