Clarification on output and solo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oilpit

Reaction score
These two little knobs confuse the hell out of me (keep in mind my LSS does not arrive for a few days)
So each channel has a gain and a master...this is where the confusion begins.
1. Does the solo knob do anything if you already have the masters dimed?
2. Is output ANOTHER master volume? That is what I understand it to be and I really don't get the point of that, does it work in conjunction with the Solo knob?

Anyway, hope you guys can clear this up...

Answers: 1. Yes it will unless the Output knob is dimed as well.
2. The output knob will raise/lower both channels equally when used.
Both these controls can only be used when the effects loop is engaged. When the switch on the rear is set to "Hard Bypass" neither will work.
Go to Mesa's website and download the owners manual. It will jumpstart your understanding of the amp and you will be better prepared when the amp does arrive.
Great amp BTW, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT. :D
Jim

So, if the master volumes on both channels are at 10, and the output is very low, will it work as an attenuator?
Where the tubes are working, but the output is lowered?

I'll get on that manual, thanks for the advice!

For a bit more confusion I play in solo mode permanently (using guitar volume knob rather than amp footswitch to manage volume). I find, particularly on channel 2 that the solo mode breathes better, it is brighter more balanced eq, less muddy, alround better sound. Almost like the non solo mode is a squashed version of the solo mode. Of course from my ears perspective.

Also I find having the volume permanently up above 12 and using the master as the volume it gives you a cleaner glassier kind of sound. Unfortunately this can be too loud for small gigs.

Latest posts

Back