circuit board

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeygigs123

Reaction score
Love the professionalism from the 2 responses I received. If you can't help than shut the F*** up, don't bother making your wise-*** stupid comments, does it make you feel better to frustrate me more than I already am.

You have the right to :

Drop the Soldering Iron and move away from the amplifier .

It is time to take it to an authorized Mesa tech or send it to Petaluma .

I don't think what you ask for exist's except in M.B. 's melon .
Lots of luck .

I highly doubt Mike wouldn't talk to you about your amp. Are you kidding? You can't get off the phone with that dude sometimes. He is very passionate about what he does. He is obviously not going to give you a copy of his schematics..he might walk you through an easy fix though. Gameover try again..lol.

Buddy said:
You have the right to :

Drop the Soldering Iron and move away from the amplifier .

It is time to take it to an authorized Mesa tech or send it to Petaluma .

I don't think what you ask for exist's except in M.B. 's melon .
Lots of luck .
Dude,I said it before in one of your other posts-TAKE THAT AMP TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!!!!Mike B wont talk to you because he can tell from what you describe,that you dont have a clue.I am sorry for being so blunt,but you you had no business pulling caps out of that board.Boards dont "accidentally crack"when you unsolder a cap from them.There are many people here who can no doubt tell you how to re-assemble that board,but we wont do it because you obviously dont have the skills to do it right.That is painfully obvious.You had absolutely no reason to believe those particular caps were part of your initial problem.All the pictures,photos,drawings or whatever wont help.Boogiebabies gave you a perfect picture of that board in your first thread,and his response of WTF??? was dead on.It is really a rarity when BB doesnt have an opinion or advice,but you apparently left him speechless.I have seen at least 2 other threads from you with basically the same question.You aint gonna get a better picture than the one he gave you,if you cant figure it out from that,you are in over your head.You are going to hack that amp to death and possibly yourself.The best advice is to do what Buddy said"Drop that soldering iron (if you actually have one) and move away from that amp".It really sounds like you didnt even heat those components,more like you used a screwdriver and hammer to get them out.Again I am sorry if my reply sounds insulting,but you really gotta be kidding me.

I took a pain killer already, but I think these guys have been pretty polite in helping. I know you feel bad about it and some of the members may not share your flair for removing components blindly, but it is getting beyond the point where we can help with the info provided. Good high definition photos may help, but if you fried one of the pads it may have damaged a circuit trace on the bottom of the board. Just imagine having to pull the whole board out. It's hard enough to repair the more modern style Mesa amps, but even harder without the amp on your bench. As for Mike B., he knows every trace, but if he is short on time you have to get to the point. If he is not busy he is the most cordial and informative person you will talk to. He will take you back to 1984 in a second and gives advice and guidance willingly.
If he senses, as most amp tech do, that the amps been butchered he would not have the patience to deal with a train wreck.

My advice would be to PM DMT and ask if he could send you a larger photo of the Simul-Sat board, clam down and start trying to find your missing connection. If go at it slowly and logically and it still does not work, get a return authorization and send it back to Mesa. I doubt at this stage a local amp tech would touch it. While it's there, it might be a good time to have the filter caps, bias caps and the electrolytics for the EQ supply.

We all really do wish you the best of luck.

Hey BB, I'm gonna need some of those!!!! An unlucky ebayer brought me a diy hack job a couple weeks ago and I'm really worried that more and more of them are going to start showing up. Thanks for speaking up Stokes.

Sorry if I sounded harsh,but I have as I am sure the rest of you have,seen all the threads joeygigs has posted with basically the same question,and obviously I kinda lost my patience,not that anybody who knows me would ever say I have a whole lot.I know we all started someplace and have had our share of rookie mis-haps way back when,but in your case joey,you went at this amp quite haphazardly and I really feel you were in over your head before you even put an iron to it.I personally dont like to work on PCB's because they can be fragile,as compared to a true point to point circuit,but you really showed that amp no respect.I can appreciate the fact that you want to learn and would really like to overcome this yourself,but there comes a point when you gotta suck it up and go pay somebody to fix it before you end up having to pay someone even more to fix more errors.Or worse,hurt your self.If you dont want to,or cant,pay someone,at least find someone who knows their way around an amp to watch over you and help you out.We are all here to help,but as BB says,there is only so much that can be done without actually having the amp on a bench in front of us.There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and you can and will learn a lot and always get good advice,but you have to respect your own limitations,or as you already see,will end up in a bind.Hey,Restless,a word of caution-as I found out after my shoulder surgery,oxycontin and a live B+ rail make a lousy cocktail!!!

joeygigs123 said:
Love the professionalism from the 2 responses I received. If you can't help than shut the F*** up, don't bother making your wise-*** stupid comments, does it make you feel better to frustrate me more than I already am.
I just saw this one,after my last post.Forget everything I said.Get in there and tear that amp to ****.Yeah,some of us may sound a little sarcastic,but seeing how your dumb *** butchered that board for absolutely no good reason,even I,and I will admit I gave you the worst razzing,was going easy on your ***.Like BB first said "WTF??" were you thinking when you took that dental tool to those caps?Get your *** out of that amp (thats probably the real problem,using your freakin'brown eye to look at what you were doing) and go back out to the barn and shovel some more ****.Now,theres some "wise *** stupid comments" for you.

Stokes , it took joeygigs123 '11' Tries to draft that bit of prose .

And wait till his dad finds out what he did to his amp .
:roll:

Time for a willer switch !
.................................... No wonder he's so tweaked .

I'm not gonna go back and forth with the name calling - but I find it amusing to see the great advice I get from you moroons - the only decent person seems to be boogiebaby. By the way stokers I see you are from NYC come and stop by my job the NewYork Times and I will give the paper some really good front line news. In all honesty I won't be asking for help anymore - I was able to fix my amp and this forum has to be the worst, well alot of the people make it that way. Stoker ask for Joe and I will fix your attitude free of charge. I'll report to all your buddies the out come *******.

joeygigs123 said:
By the way stokers I see you are from NYC come and stop by my job the NewYork Times and I will give the paper some really good front line news.

You can't even speak english and you expect us to believe you work for The New York Times?

Words cannot express my amusement.

Blame Boogiebabies HE had to go and be all "adult " .

"flair for removing components blindly" I nearly laughed my balls off ! :lol:

Word of advice: Don't try and tinker with the systems of your car if you ever have a problem.....

phyrexia said:
joeygigs123 said:
By the way stokers I see you are from NYC come and stop by my job the NewYork Times and I will give the paper some really good front line news.

You can't even speak english and you expect us to believe you work for The New York Times?

Words cannot express my amusement.

Hey, someone's gotta huck those bales of papers from the loading dock to the truck. And besides, they *did* hire Bill Kristol.

Latest posts

Back