Choosing a New Wah!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rec'd my Teese Wizard Wah yesterday. Still messing with it but it is not rocking my nuts off as of yet. I am going to try it in the studio tomorrow and see how it stands up.

I really like allot of wah’s they all have different properties and there are things I like and dislike with all of them but the one I always come back to is my Dunlop DCR-1SR Rack Wah. I have never tried a RMC3 Wizard or the Budda but hear great things about both and will get them in the future.

The things I like about the Dunlop DCR-1SR Rack Wah is the pedal is just a controller no audio passing through a pot (no scratching), pretty quiet when engaged it is not a noise generator, although I favor voicing 1, 2-6 sound great also (and different!)
This unit does have a EQ but I consider it a waste of time so I leave it off.

I'm diggin my plain ol' Crybaby with the true bypass mod. It hasn't let me down yet. I think it cost me about $5 for the switch and took about an hour to do.

True bypass was a must for me as I use my wah very sparingly, most of the time it would just sit there in the signal chain.

Dom

crybabys are really great,they have done the trick on most albums for the past thirty years or so why change :D

I bought a Tremonti Morley wah after having a Dunlop the a Clyde and all I can say is that I am impressed. Just the fact that I dont have to push it all the way down to turn it on or off is great. When you need it you just move it slightly and it comes on, when you are done, remove your foot and it goes off. BRILLIANT! Sounds as good as the others IMHO.

mesanomad100 said:
crybabys are really great,they have done the trick on most albums for the past thirty years or so why change :D

For posterity: Homogenisation. That's why. I'd rather not sound like something that's been done for the past thirty years too.

Latest posts

Back