Changing Mark III transformer+tubes?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillFriedman

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post here!

I'm from the US and moved to Sweden to study recently. I picked up a Mark III red stripe head from the US recently, and I need some new goodies for it.

First off, I've thought about step down transformers or changing the transformer in the amp. My question is, where can I get the transformer and will I have to replace any other parts in the amp? If it will be expensive and a pain in the ***, then I will just use a step down transformer, but if it's not too big of a deal then I would like to just change everything.

Second, I'm a little worried about the tubes. The last owner said he didn't know when the tubes were changed last. I took a look inside, and almost all of the tubes are from differant brands. Any ideas on which tubes to use, and where to get them in sweden?

I'm also just wondering if anyone has any good ideas for where to buy a cabinet in europe. I'm not really sure where to look, I've checked the guitar stores in sweden and everything just seems to cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks for your help!

Will

Back