Calling all IIIC+ owners

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I wasnt asked but since neither of them are here yet to give a recommendation on rft tubes iwill go ahead and give my source. If you look at thetubestore or tubemonger, ect you will notice just how proud of those tubes are with the price tag. I myself skip using either of those and just go to ebay. Most come from overseas but can be had for $30 or less which is a good deal on those. There are 2 different plants that the RFTs were made in and the Nuehas one seems to be the superior of the two. THe ones with the "N" on them are from that plant and sound really good. Look for the ones with the big "O" getter. There are some that have a foil type getter and i got a couple of those and they were microphonic as hell. Be careful when you get them and put them in the sockets as the glass is kinda brittle and can break easily if youre not careful. Also, RFT are not made anymore and are a German tube. Never were they made in Russia.

Get these.
DSCF0057.JPG

or these. I actually like these best.
RWN+Neuhaus+ECC83+-+East+Germany.jpg

but NOT these.

RFT+Funkwerk+Erfurt++ECC83+12AX7+Tubes+Foil+Getter+-+East+Germany.jpg

EOengineer said:
Nep and Joey, would you be so kind as to recommend a good tube source? Tubestore looks decent, nut doesn't carry rft and some others.

I'm also noticing many of these tubes are coming out of 1 factory in russia. Very interesting.

Hey man, I use Dougs Tubes ( http://www.dougstubes.com ). He's awesome,knows his tubes, and is very helpful. Also has great tube kits for many different amps (including the Mark III) if interested as well. Sometimes The Tube Store ( www.thetubestore.com) will have certain deals going on with tubes and I may use them instead - it all depends.

I'll use the 'Bay if I'm interested in picking up NOS stuff, but very rarely these days as I mentioned that pricing is getting a little scary. Some good deals if your patient though.

Back