cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitardude05

Reaction score
im looking at avatar 2x12's. their G212 has about the same sealed volume as a rectifier 2x12. if i got that with v30s, could i expect a similar tone? I just don't know if a 4x12 is worth it over a 2x12, or a ported 2x12 would beat both out? i have never really had experience with cabs and speaker swapping, but ive read so much about it that i feel like i know every speaker out there. can you guys give your opinion on sealed vs. ported and 2 vs. 4x12 cabs?

im so ready to get a cab, but I just don't want to be unhappy with the choice i make.

i just want a punchy, full bodied, and big tone. something to improve the loose sound of the open back combo at high volumes! help?

If you want guaranteed cab-happiness:

http://www.earcandycabs.com

Best cabs made. The end.

I've posted about them several times. I have two and they're the BEST cabs I've ever played - and I've played them all. Avatar are good, too. But nothing compares to EarCandy.

+1 on earcandy

My brother and I each own one. We put original G12Hs in his briefly (30 watt speaker with 100 watt amp) and it sounded identical to his 70's Marshall box. You put Vintage 30s in them they sound like a Recto or Bogner box.

I'll comment on how they sound with EVs in a few weeks.

the roadster cab is smaller than the recto cab and is a little tighter sounding than the recto, while still sounding big imo.

Latest posts

Back