Cab alternatives with Mark IV, will this work?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aenigma

Reaction score
I have been using my half back 4x12 cab with my Mark IV but I was messing with the silent recording feature plugged into my computer and my computer sound outputs into a solid state amp which has 2 big speakers connected to it and I like the sound of these speakers.They seem a little warmer and less bright.But the silent record is just a little bit too muddy so I was wondering if I could just plug these speakers straight into the amp in stereo without any problems?

I believe the speakers are 4ohms so I figure they should work fine, I will check their exact rating tomorrow.Oh and they are rated to a max of 250w, they are hefty speakers.

Thanks for any help.

I would not do it. A combined setup of two 4 ohm speakers is 2 ohms. I can tell you the OT will not want to see 2 ohms for long. The reason the recording out may seem muddy is that it has no presence control. It cuts the preamp signal off just before the phase inverter. Try running the 6600 higher to compensate or buy an isolation cabinet and run the amp full out.

Well these speakers are 4 ohms each(and 2 speakers) and I would run each speaker to the 4 ohm output on the amp, isn't that what it is designed to work with?4ohm to 4 ohm should be right, right?

Ok I just checked one of the speakers and it says the nominal impdence is 8 ohms not 4.

Back