C90's vs V30's w/ Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbsens03

Reaction score
I've got a Roadster 2x12 combo which, as you already know, already has two V30's in it and I wanna throw the combo on top of a 2x12 cab. Not sure if I should get a cab with C90's or more V30's. What would be the benefits of each of these speaker combination's? Thanks.
Here are the two cabs I'm looking at.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/1756153635.html

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/1824663405.html

On my 2 channel...

MC90s bring out Modern high gain's midrange. I find that Modern has a lot of low mids that are lost through a V30 speaker, thus making modern sound more scooped than it is.

MC90s fatten Vintage high gain up, but they also make vintage sound kind of dull and lifeless. V30s add a lot of punch and aggression that's lost with the MC90s.

I think they'd mix really nicely (that's what they did in the Roadking cabs), but if I could only choose one or the other I'd choose V30s.

Ya I agree, if I had to just choose one I'd choose the V30's but since I've already got those the C90's would probably sound nice paired with the V30's. And ya like you said that is how the RK cabs are. Thanks!

When I had my roadster I played it through a road king 2x12. My band mate had a rectifier 2x12 with v30s. In playing the roadster through both cabs I definitely liked the roadking cab better. Part of it could have been due to the fact of one side being open with the roadking but I found the rectifier 2x12 with v30s as having alot more bottom end. The last thing I needed with the roadster was more bottom. I really liked the roadking cab though, especially micing both the c90 and v30. The mixture of the two is a great combination in my opinion.

the 2x12 3/4 back C90 cab is a great cab... I used it with my Roadster head as well as a vert 2x12 with V30s

the C90s excelled at cleans but lacked something with the "Recto" distortion

the combo should be great!

Just curious how does one hook an extension cab up to an existing 2x12 combo? Does the other cab have in/out. And are the two cabs in series/parallel? Excuse my laziness for not reading the f'n manual.

Back