Brand of screen resistors in a Mark IVB

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disassembled

Reaction score
Hey all I just bought a used mark IVB and upon inspection one of the previous owners replaced the screen resistors for the Class A sockets with 1k 5watt wirewounds and the 2.2M 1/2 with 1/4 watt resistors.

The schematic that i have (from a IVA) says the Class A sockets are supposed to have 2.2 2Watt screens and of course the 2.2m is supposed to be 1/2watt. Are the screens the right value for the IVB?

Does anyone have a source (besides Mesa) that sells the same brand of resistors that Mesa uses?

I will try to get Mesa to ship them to me but the last time I ordered parts they only would ship with UPS and not USPS.

Greg

Thanks, I was a little worried that the value was wrong for the screens. I will call Boogie and see if they will help me out.

Greg

I would be more concerned with the fact that the 2.2m resistor is 1/4 watt instead of 1/2 watt than what brand is used.Forget the brand and get a 1/2 watt replacement.

stokes said:
I would be more concerned with the fact that the 2.2m resistor is 1/4 watt instead of 1/2 watt than what brand is used.Forget the brand and get a 1/2 watt replacement.

Actually looking at a few pics of the IVB internals those resistors are supposed to be 1/4 watt. I just need to order the screens from Mesa and I should be back to stock.

Latest posts

Back