Boss NS2 ??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hogan96

Reaction score
whats the word on this? is it worth invested money into. i know what it does so please save urself time... i want ppl who own and use or have used this to give me thier opinion. i play every genre of music but my current band plays metal.. just is it worth picking up? thanks everyone

In a word. Yes. Use it in front of amp after Keeley TS9 & DS1. I suppose there are more expensive more sophisticated units out there but it does what is says on the tin.

Look into the ISP noise decimator. I've found that boss pedals are horrible tone suckers, and the NS-2 specifically takes alot from your tone. Not the best gate either.

The ISP, on the other hand, though a little more expensive, is completely transparant. I love it! When on, there is no change in my tone at all, just no noise. And when off but in the chain, it keeps my tone in tact perfectly!

It's easily worth the extra $30.

I've got the NS-2, sitting on a shelf. It's a tonesucker for sure. Save your money for something better.

You might not want a rack unit, but I have a Rocktron Hush IIC that I use with my Road King and it is absolutely fantastic. It has no problems with tonesucking that I can hear and I pretty much obsess over my tone... I run it first in my loop and it really brings out the nuances of the effects and doesn't color the basic tone.

Mine is in it's original box, w/manual, on a shelf also! They are tone-suckers, but they do work well when using a lot of effects!

I had problems with the super hush sucking tone.. And i even used it with the road kind lol.. But i tried out the DBX 266 and i have no tone loss.

Latest posts

Back