Boss GE-7 w/ Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuzerneigm

Reaction score
I just picked up a Boss GE-7 graphic eq to use with my Mark III. It adds the perfect edge to the lead channel and I love the tone. Thing is it's givin me a **** ton of noise. Like, unmanageable noise! Sounds fine when I play but stop and it sounds like a trainwreck. Anyone else here use this pedal with their amp?? Any idea if there's soemthing I can do to remedy this noise without using a gate? Any ideas appreciated!! Thanks!!

I don't know how you're using it but dont add many frequencies, cut the ones you don't like and boost the ones u need a little, that might help, and be careful with the master fader too
That's all I can say, but a noise gate is always a must I think, even for slight gating

I've got it in front of the amp. Maybe I'll try it in the loop as well. I do have a lot of the sliders moved up kinda in the frown shape. I'll mess with those a little to see what I can come up with . Thanks for your thoughts!.

You were right. It is totally quiet and sounds perfect in the loop. This pedal is really great for my tone! I'm amazed at the difference when I switch it off and hear what I've been missing with this thing. Thanks guys!

I have a danelectro EQ in the loop. A very nice addition for alternate EQ settings with a toe tap.

I love using a Boss GE-10 in the loop of my III. I just slightly add to yhe bottom end, very slight mid scoop and very slight treble cut. I only use it to fine tune the tone, not change it drastically. I also use a Rane PE-17 with my Mark IV. It is one of the best parametric eq's I have used.

Latest posts

Back