blink-182 enema of the stae

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decemberstar

Reaction score
hi i just bought a triple rectifier and wanna know if anyone knows a setup for a blink182 sound like around the 1999 era or maybe even take off your pants and jacket ...if not anyone know a good pop punk sound? than you

decemberstar said:
hi i just bought a triple rectifier and wanna know if anyone knows a setup for a blink182 sound like around the 1999 era or maybe even take off your pants and jacket ...if not anyone know a good pop punk sound? than you

Hey decemberstar -
These are the settings that I use when doing blink tunes. It sounds somewhere between "dude ranch" and "enema of the state".

Mesa-Settings_Blink.jpg

ytse_jam said:
I think the Fender Strat played a great part in Tom Delonge's tone.

Yah he used a Fender Strat with an Invader pickup. If you are playing with one of those, you wouldn't need to use the overdrive pedal upfront...

i have the delonge strat and a RKII so I get dead on since it's a Dual recto when i set it up with all 6L6's. Triple might be overkill for ya on a blink tone...

so i cant get a blink tone with my tripe ...**** , is the dual better than triple?? ooh yeh and ive heard that the clean on this one aint good is this true

decemberstar said:
can i put an incader pickup on my gibson sg?

can you?

You could. It won't sound like a Strat equipped with the same pickup though.

You could probably get cleans with your volume dialed way back but it would be nowhere near the same as any other reasonable pickup

Back