Blackface Dual Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adeknight

Reaction score
I have just bought an old Dual Rectifier and I'd like to find out some information about it. Its a UK voltage, two channel version (no solo boost either) and is finished with a chrome chassis and black diamond plate front. Most Dual Recs seem to have a black chassis and a silver diamond plate front. Also the covering is unusual as its seems to be black leather rather than the usual vinyl.

I have been reading some other posts which say that the date can be found on the PCB but, as yet, I haven't dismantled the amp to check. I have tried the Mesa Boogie website but can't find anything about it there. Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks Boogiebabies, yeah pretty much like that except not in such good condition :) . Mine needs a little bit of restoration as it has obviously had a hard gigging life (various scuffs, corners damaged etc). I'm not going to go mad as I bought it to gig it and its bound to get a little hammered. Could probably stand a re-valve though. Thanks again for the info

if your transformers are rusted though, you should definitely look into cleaning them. Also, be careful with any signs of rust on the chrome. Mine had both of these problems and it was a bit of a b**** to clean. We can help you w. suggestions.

Guitarzan said:
Boogiebabies said:
The 1992 models came with the flat tolex.

I thought it was leather???? :?

they had both options...i like the look of the tolex, but the leather does not scratch at all. i actually like the look, after you get used to it.

Sorry, it's tolex and I have never seen an early one in leather.
I dont remember if they had it as an option back then either.
Someone would have to dig up a 1992 pricing guide or brochure.

I own R0081 it's covered in leather. I have the catalog from 92 as well...it mentions nothing of tolex... I'll read it again to make sure.

Latest posts

Back