Bit of Advice from the MKIV crowd

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshboogie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just getting to grips with this great amp but I have a question

I have tried running an Oberheim FX unit in the loop but its seems that the unit is being overloaded front end. I know that the channel masters act as a send but I have read on this forum that it is better tone wise to run these high and the Global Output lower!!

Anyone else have a problem with this - I only use the Oberheim for delay so would it be better to purchase say a Boss Digi Delay pedal for the loop??

Cheers

Wayne

What level are you running them at. It seemed to me that the tone "expanded" around three then leveled off.
Same with the main Master as well, which is too loud.

I guess my advice is set it up the way it works and see if it still sounds the way you like.

Some units can be real sensitive (no matter what there specs say) I’m not familiar with what you have but does it have a “pad” maybe?
A far as the channel volumes: in the past I have had allot of different gear but found most of it comfortable with the channels at 2.5-4 and the processors input usually had a input of 20-25% (max settings before clipping on the units) and set out put accordingly

Ah, I'm running channel masters at about 7!!!!!

I'll turn them down to 3 tonight and see if it improves the clipping!!!

Cool

Wayne

I was one of the guys talking about high levels on the channel masters, i have changed my mind and go the other way(low channel volumes high master) I had the same problem with over loading my effects. I now run the channel masters 3,2,1.5 and my over load problems are gone. Lower your channel masters, that should take care of your problem.

Back