better pics now- all-new from ca, i get my first boogie.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dearlpitts

Reaction score
its a mk II B 100/60 watt head-cream-with a 2x12 cab which has some shadow speakers guess was bought with amp like 1982-all this for 800 buc-think thats a fair deal?anything i need to know about this amp? have read alot seems they may take some time dialing in-am really excited -i think shes going to be great . SO HERES SOME BETTER PICS-
mesaboogie014.jpg
mesaboogie012.jpg
mesaboogie013.jpg
mesaboogie011.jpg
mesaboogie010.jpg
mesaboogie009.jpg

$800 for a Mark IIB head plus matching 2x12 is a great deal. Congratulations. I've never owned a IIB so I can't help you there, but I own a Studio Preamp and a Mark III and I love the Mark series tone. I've lusted after one of those old school Boogie vertical 2x12s for a long time too.

thats good-ya from everything i hear it should be awsome,todays the day-like xmas morning yay.

got it its sweet -cant get my photobucet to work right now-but will put pics soon as i can

Mark series Boogies are pretty unusual amps and require setting the controls very different from most amps. Here's some tips:

• The tone stack is pre-distortion, so adjusting your treble/middle/bass changes the character of the distortion. Usually, the best sounds are with the treble quite high (like around 7-8) and the bass very low (like 1-2).
  • If your amp has the graphic EQ, it is located post-distortion, like the tone stack on a typical Marshall or Fender, so you can shape the tone with that as required (e.g. if you need more low end).
  • The volume and treble knobs have the biggest effect on the amount of distortion you get. The Lead Drive knob is more or less for fine tuning.

Nice ... Mark IIB is my favorite Mark Series 'cause I'm a Fender guy. ... as well as a vintage Marshall, Hiwatt, AC30 Vox and ...

You have a large chassis Mark II, and what's more remarkable, all your EQ slider knobs are intact! :lol:

Whoa there, that doesn't look like a Mark II to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any Boogie pre-Mark III had a marking above the Middle knob. Those knobs wouldn't be right for a Mark IIB either. Finally, Mark IIs used an amber pilot light, and that one is blue. I am the owner of a Mark III long head, and that is exactly what I'm looking at in this pic--even blurry I can tell that.

Congrats either way! I paid $800 for my loaded Mark III purple stripe long head without a cab. I was just jamming on mine the other night and was amazed at how good it sounded. Are you positive it's a 60/100 and not a simul-class? The long heads have the power select switch in front and it's always labeled "Full power/Half power", even on simul-class models.

Whoopysnorp said:
Whoa there, that doesn't look like a Mark II to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any Boogie pre-Mark III had a marking above the Middle knob. Those knobs wouldn't be right for a Mark IIB either. Finally, Mark IIs used an amber pilot light, and that one is blue. I am the owner of a Mark III long head, and that is exactly what I'm looking at in this pic--even blurry I can tell that.

Congrats either way! I paid $800 for my loaded Mark III purple stripe long head without a cab. I was just jamming on mine the other night and was amazed at how good it sounded. Are you positive it's a 60/100 and not a simul-class? The long heads have the power select switch in front and it's always labeled "Full power/Half power", even on simul-class models.
the light is green-i will take some proper pics this weekend-so how does one know for sure-the cab is top open back with a g12 80 classic celestion-bottom speaker is closed back and was told its a ? shadow -also will open and take proper pics of.

If your Middle control is a pull knob and says "Pull Rhythm2" above it, it's a Mark III. A G12H80 is a good speaker for a Mark series amp. Mesa has used the Black Shadow label on a lot of different speakers over the years. It could be an Electro-Voice EVM12L, or a Celestion MC90, or possibly an Eminence 50 watter (though that's not too likely). Either way it should be a solid pair of speakers for the amp, especially if it's an EVM12L.

Yes, it looks more Mark III than Mark II. The knobs are modern type not the "Fenderish" Mark I sand IIs.

ok so is that a good thing-putting batterys in charger to take better pics.think i read that the III has a better lead chl.-all i know is the more i play it the more i just want to keep playing that has/nt happened in a long time.

Whoopysnorp said:
If your Middle control is a pull knob and says "Pull Rhythm2" above it, it's a Mark III. A G12H80 is a good speaker for a Mark series amp. Mesa has used the Black Shadow label on a lot of different speakers over the years. It could be an Electro-Voice EVM12L, or a Celestion MC90, or possibly an Eminence 50 watter (though that's not too likely). Either way it should be a solid pair of speakers for the amp, especially if it's an EVM12L.
theres a piece of tape that says evm12 on back of speaker thats closed back-hand written.oh ya the tech i got this from told me this amp used to belong to rebea macintyer-who knows but thats what he said-hes been workin in owens music store for 30 yrs so guess its possible-shoot i talk to jim massina of logins and massina somtimes at work cause he owns a rv and i work on them-also jerry collins of the famos collins kids from the 50/s-he came to our gig couple weeks ago-lots of famos people come to beach here on central coast ca.don/t know if that would effect value? reba does always have a nice tone/.

correction not reba but was bonnie rayetts amp. get those two mixed up in my head for some reason.

:lol: That is just like my rig, purple stripe Mk III, cream tolex, matching 2x12!
ebycrl22012027.jpg

Back