Best processor for pre

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOOLGUY

Reaction score
I am thinking about mothballing my pre/2101 rig.
I am not a fan of the pre's loop section so I would like to go....

guitar>pre input>pre lr output to gfx unit L/R input>gfx output to power amp L/R input.

What is the best bang for the buck to get a nice effect section ( need good reverb and chorus and would like a gate and pitch shifter ) while not mucking up the sweet sounds of the studio pre?

There is no way to use the 2101 with the gate as a stand alone effects processor without going through the preamp section of the unit. :(

TOOLGUY said:
What is the best bang for the buck to get a nice effect section ( need good reverb and chorus and would like a gate and pitch shifter ) while not mucking up the sweet sounds of the studio pre?
Rocktron Replifex or Xpression get rave reviews everywhere you look.

How about the G-major 2?
I like the idea of being able to switch the pre's channel
via midi.
I will check out the Rocktron stuff.
Thanks

I had a G-Major, haven't tried the 2. It was a very sweet sounding processor as well, I was looking more at the "bang for buck" comment as the Roctron stuff will be less expensive.

Danimal said:
I had a G-Major, haven't tried the 2. It was a very sweet sounding processor as well, I was looking more at the "bang for buck" comment as the Roctron stuff will be less expensive.

True on both counts. I use a G major 1 with my pre and love the channel switching capabilities. Although I am seeing some nice pricing around the web on used g-majors..

I use the G-major 2 with my Recto pre. It is very good, and I think it sounds better than the original (I have one of those too). I have it in series between the pre and power amp. Well, actually I am using an Effects Gizmo this way I can switch it out when I just want to go direct to the power amp. Works and sounds great.

Latest posts

Back