Best Chain for Triax Rack Set Up

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milesbluesky

Reaction score
I am new to the board, but not new to Mesa Boogie. I have a Dual Rec Tremoverb as well as the Triax I just bought off a friend. My question is how to connect everything in the Rack for best performance. Never had a rack set up before. Been more of a plug in to the Tremoverb and play. I have the Triax, a G Major, BBE Sonic Max, Korg Tuner, and a Mesa Power Amp. What is the best order to connect the various gear together.

Thanks for your help.

Guitar>TriAxis(record out to tuner)>Gmajor>BBE(I would consider losing this if I were you,but I put it in there anyways)>power amp>speakers. :wink:

Thanks. Are you not a fan of the BBE Sonic Max. I have never used one for guitar. They seem to add a little punch to the PA mix though.

I am not a fan either. The BBE adds a "wow" factor that is a little too overwhelming and detracts from the initial tone too much.

Some people can't play without them but I prefer the amp I use has the tone I am looking for without adding external EQ/BBE devices.

Greg

I would tend to agree about the BBE, they only add frequencies, they don't cut any, and they are preset so all you can do is up the lows and highs with them. IMO It can sound cool practicing by yourself, but with a band it will muddy up your mix and kill the cutting power.

Thanks for the info. I should have a chance to test drive the rack this weekend. Like I said, I have not used the Sonic Max before. It was just part of the deal. I have always had a basic set up - Amp w/ few if any effects. Just trying something new for a change. Most likely I will still gig with my dual rec tremoverb. I love that amp. Maybe I will sell the rack stuff and get the Mark IV that I really want. Who knows. Never satisfied.

Latest posts

Back