Beautiful Blonde/Black with Chrom Early 2 channel Recto Ebay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
Someone buy this, my trigger happy finger is getting itchy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Dual-Rectifier-SOLO-Head-Tubes-Blonde-NR_W0QQitemZ190080214216QQihZ009QQcategoryZ43374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

are the early 2-channels better than the newer 3-channels? That amp look killer!

Yes they are, alot warmer and more organic sounding, no buzziness like you find with the 3 channels. Plus if it is one of the first 500 it has better trannies and slight board revision.

honestly though, between my R0394 and my newer Rack Recto I did not notice much difference at all. However my R0005 is alot more like a slo, alot more attack and punchy, great for leads.

Finnster said:
are the early 2-channels better than the newer 3-channels? That amp look killer!

hahaa,I saw this amp today and nearly put a bid in for it,I have bought 2 mesa's in one week!!!I cant get another,I just bout a new 3 Channel Dual rec and a dual rec maverick!!Do I really need another rec.. perhaps an older one for the warmer sides of tone ehhh what do you think!!

plaese say no before my addiction takes over yet again

I'm really trying to hold back here.....

Is it REALLY that much better?!?! Cause I could sell off my 3 Channel and get this one at no cost to me really.... :?

:(

What a steal? I doubt that's the original covering! Where's the leather corner protectors? Additionally, it does'nt feature three channels as the seller states! :?

OH yeah, the 3 channels like everyone says, just has that buzz, where the 2 channels are alot more organic and less buzz and slightly tighter. However if you like the buzz wich alot of people do, the you might not like it.

ibanez4life SZ! said:

Is it REALLY that much better?!?! Cause I could sell off my 3 Channel and get this one at no cost to me really.... :?

Ibanez, I'd do it if I was you, if I was still into the recto tone I'd have bought this yesterday.

Funny thing about the Recto Tone, I will be so in love with it, then drop out, only to fall in love again. It is my love and hate relationship! I have a feeling in 6 months to a year you will be back into the recto tone, it comes and goes like that.

Platypus said:
Ibanez, I'd do it if I was you, if I was still into the recto tone I'd have bought this yesterday.

Email him and see if he wants to negogiate, by the looks of it, seems like those are stock tubes, by the condition, i have a feeling it was a closet queen that didnt see much use, but probaly still needs a retube.

My other suggestion, get it and then sell which ever one you dont like. The one thing I like about the 3 channel rec's is they are versitile, but then again I can get the same Raw mode just by cutting the volume knob down on my guitar, I just do not have the clean channal anymore. But then again Rec Cleans arent important to me, I would rather use something else for cleans anyway. But i sure do miss the push on channel one of a rec, sweet sounding.

ibanez4life SZ! said:

she's got a serial loop.... that's the kicker for me right there.

I'd email and ask for the serial number. if it's uner 500, all of you better watch out or I'll buy it!

Again, I would'nt buy anything re-covered, and this appears possible! And by the sellers description, I doubt they'd be in the know whether it was or was'nt!

I dont think that has been recovered, looks too good and by the shape of the chassis and diamond plate that thing has not been abused.

jbird said:
Again, I would'nt buy anything re-covered, and this appears possible! And by the sellers description, I doubt they'd be in the know whether it was or was'nt!

Hmm, looks too good? Ya, I'd say, like new! In other words, re-covered! Where's the leather corner protectors? Just me, but I'd steer clear! :wink:

Yeah i just noticed that too, even so, someone did a nice job at recovering it, doesnt make it any less of an amp.

But I wouldnt pay the 1200, maybe $1050 tops. S/N is R001019 is what the guy emailed me. So not quite the first 500, but still a pretty good amp for about $1100 Shipped.

jbird said:
Hmm, looks too good? Ya, I'd say, like new! In other words, re-covered! Where's the leather corner protectors? Just me, but I'd steer clear! :wink:

I just got an e-mail back from the guy and the serial is R001019. Man you beat me to the enter button on that one. I guess next time I will read my PM's after making the post.

Here's what the seller told me...
"It belonged to Allan Holdsworth,he had professionally covered.... The tubes are Mesa and not sure when last changed."

Latest posts

Back