bb preamp users.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyg121

Reaction score
alright guys..i just ordered a bb preamp.i know a lot of mesa users love this pedal.to help me with a quick first impression...could you guys let me know your favorite ways to use this pedal.i have a mesa mark 4.

the rhym 1 channel can get great leads, bluesy tones, and clean dirty tones with it, rhym 2 can become much heavier, and the leads are sick with it...wouldn't use it a shitload on the lead channel, but it could tighten it up..or you can use it as a clean boost as well wherever you want! im sure it can do more then that too, but that's for my tastes.

How i use it for more juice on the lead its more of a feel thing then a sound thing but you will love it
Gain rolled all the way off, Volume 3/4, Treble att 11 o clock, Bass at 1 o clock.

Tuna141 said:
Does anyone have a demo or clip using a BB preamp with a Mark?
Here's one with my BB and MK IV. it's a lead setting i dialed in on
RHY 1 using my BB Preamp.
Richb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZEzKof73JU

hey rich...what are the settings on the bb...its kind of hard to see on my comp monitor.

billyg121 said:
hey rich...what are the settings on the bb...its kind of hard to see on my comp monitor.

for the RHY 1 using the BB for a smooth lead tone
gain @ 1:00
Vol @ 12:00
Treb @ 10:30
Bass @ 2:00

in some of the phrasing i was doing,my guitar vol was turned down a little here and there and I selected different pickups at certain times for expression.
Hope this helps...
Richb

richb
Post subject: Re: bb preamp users.

Tuna141 wrote:
Does anyone have a demo or clip using a BB preamp with a Mark?

Here's one with my BB and MK IV. it's a lead setting i dialed in on
RHY 1 using my BB Preamp.
Richb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZEzKof73JU

The clips sound great. Thanks, Rich.

Back