Bandmate dropped my Mark IV head from about 4 ft

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derekjason

Reaction score
so we had a gig the other night, and after the set, a bandmate took my head off stage, and put it in the roadcase. when we left, a friend picked up the case, the bottom came flying off and my mark IV crashed to the ground. today i turn it on just to see, and the power light dimmed, the tubes seem to be ok as far as being lit, but im no professional. any ideas before i take 'er in?

Beat the hell out of the people who thought it would be acceptable to handle your amp. You are vague about what's going on with the amp. The power light dimmed and there are no other issues?

Anyone who puts anything in a case without latching it should be shot be shot and hung! :evil:

I've seen tool boxes emptied onto the floor and guitars fall out of cases! One time, a friend closed the hood on another friend's Jeep without latching it. Once the guy got up to speed the hood flipped open and didn't stop until it hit the windshield frame scaring the hell out of the driver and putting a big crease in the hood (that guy was mad!!)!

Did you try playing the amp? Maybe it's only the bulb?

You must invoke "avenged sevenfold" philosphy. The offender must be dropped from a height of approximately 28 feet. :)

ryjan said:
Beat the hell out of the people who thought it would be acceptable to handle your amp. You are vague about what's going on with the amp. The power light dimmed and there are no other issues?

it still played, and after about ten min and me pushing the tubes in to see if there was any give, the power light came back on full force, and it sounds fine, was real weird.

crguti said:
Is still alive?.... your bandmate? :twisted:

hey man! its me (alteredbeast on sd) yes he is still alive and offered all monies for repairs, does a re-cap fall under that? haha

Don said:
Anyone who puts anything in a case without latching it should be shot be shot and hung! :evil:

Did you try playing the amp? Maybe it's only the bulb?

yeah its weird, the bulb came back on, and the amp sounds fine, although more extensive tests are in order. thank god he didnt f**k my tolex up hah.

Freefall said:
You must invoke "avenged sevenfold" philosphy. The offender must be dropped from a height of approximately 28 feet. :)

ha clever, sir

MrMarkIII said:
Your bandmate works for UPS? :lol:

haha no.

Something less damaging happened to me. My bandmate asked to borrow my TOV head for a gig he had with a different band in NY. Before I could answer, he offered "if anything happens, I'll get it fixed"

He and another friend tell me they babied it all the way back and forth but returned it to me misssing two rubber feet and the fuse cover and fuse. He didn't notice any of this.

So I gave him the address of the authorized Mesa repair guy in town and made him do the rest. I am still missing one of the rubber feet but everything else is back to normal

I think he owes you the same courtesy. Have the amp checked out even if it seems OK. It might run him a bench charge depending on your tech but it's worth getting things cleared up.

derekjason said:
crguti said:
Is still alive?.... your bandmate? :twisted:

hey man! its me (alteredbeast on sd) yes he is still alive and offered all monies for repairs, does a re-cap fall under that? haha
hey derekjason from SD forum.

Latest posts

Back