Avatar cab, or replace speakers in the marshall?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spcshiznit

Reaction score
Ok, here's the story...

I've been debating for a while wether or not to get a Avatar cab loaded with v30's. I currently have a Marshall 1960A and a 1960B loaded with g12t75's. My question is...

Should I buy the cab and forget about it, or should I just get some v30's and put them in the 1960b? This cab is going to be for my distorted leads coming from my rectoverb head. I've heard really good things about the avatar, but I'm wondering if the marshall switched will be better quality, and sound.

Your thoughts?

Here is another option, I've had good results with mixing speakers in cabinets. You might try just getting two v30's and put them in the Marshall along with the g12t75's. I have multiple cabinets and speakers and I tried many combinations. My least favorite combination was when all the speakers matched. I thought some speakers sounded best for lead tones and other sounded best for clean tones so I mixed them and got the best of both worlds.

Another benefit is that you can choose which one you want to mic. It just gives you more options.

Interesting... I might try that. I guess I could always sell the v30's if I don't like them.

I have a V30 loaded avatar, and it is great. Goes with my dual recto!

I don't think you'll be dissapointed one way or the other. You might just get the avatar with V30's and run both cabs together!

I went the V-30s in the MArshall cab route. Actually, I put greenbacks in the bottom cab, and V-30's in the top one. Then at the behest of a friend from one of the other forums I hang out on, I moved speakers around so that I had an X pattern of the two models of speakers in both cabs. They've been that way ever since.

BTW, I got my speakers from Dave at Avatar. Great guy to deal with!

Latest posts

Back