Anyone here think that the Roadster cleans are just as good?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonRedSox

Reaction score
Especially for music such as Andy Timmons. Wouldn't the Roadster or any Dual Rectifier be comparable in achieving the tonality he is getting with his pedals and his Lonestar rig? Or, is the Lonestar the Mesa amp to have for the Timmons tone (of course exluding the other aspects of Timmons, being his pedals, guitar, and technique)? Quentin Hope is another great Lonestar artists that uses some similar pedals and sounds great with the Lonestar.

Couldn't the Roadster give users these sounds and more? Or is the Lonestar really that much better?

I was looking at the Roadster to see if it would get both Lonestar and Stiletto tones. Seemed like one amp for both would make sense. However, after playing the Roadster a few times, I couldn't dial in the sounds I was looking for. I think the Lonestar cleans are better and the gain on the Roadster while very good, is different, maybe more metal sounding to me.

The Roadster cleans and it's reverb, are amazing, not like any of the other rectifiers. The LSS has a different power section, way less power, different, excelent. I own both. You just can't have only one amp (at least i can't :p ).

Just remember Timmons uses the high gain channel on the stiletto for cleans with a very wet signal. He uses the clean channel on the lonestar with pedals for his dirt. Seems backwards but hey it is hard to argue with the tone. He explained this at a clinic I attended as well as his online videos.

Latest posts

Back