Anybody use a looper like a boss rc-2 ??????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recto-robbie

Reaction score
Im interested in a looper such as the boss rc-2,,,it seems like it would be something I would love to use being that I usually play alone.
I have never owned any looper before so im a little confused with a couple things...
I was always under the impression that an amplifiers speakers were soley used for guitar sounds. I assume the drum patterns or whatever sounds you run through the loop would be coming out of your amps speakers.
Is this alright to do? It may seem like a noobish question,, because it is.
Should you keep the volume level low when putting in sounds other than a guitar?
Or is it perfectly fine to run different sounds other than the guitar through your amp??/

Any help here would be greatly appreciated,,,thanks

recto-robbie said:
Im interested in a looper such as the boss rc-2,,,it seems like it would be something I would love to use being that I usually play alone.
I have never owned any looper before so im a little confused with a couple things...
I was always under the impression that an amplifiers speakers were soley used for guitar sounds. I assume the drum patterns or whatever sounds you run through the loop would be coming out of your amps speakers.
Is this alright to do? It may seem like a noobish question,, because it is.
Should you keep the volume level low when putting in sounds other than a guitar?
Or is it perfectly fine to run different sounds other than the guitar through your amp??/

Any help here would be greatly appreciated,,,thanks
I use BOSS RC-2 before that I tried Digitech JamMan. JamMan had lot of features like USB and Memory card but once you start adding layers sound was getting somewhat muddy. But RC-2 was simple low tech device still does the job very nice. Most importantly it has 3 diferent ways to create a loop in contrast to JamMan and quantization was way better than JamMan.
I use it in MKIV loop after G-Major. I don't use its drum sound most of the time. I always have RC-2s level little low.
But all this is for bedroom level personnel use. I have no idea how it would work in real pro application.

i had the boss looper. Sold it on ebay tho. You usually connect it to seperate monitor speakers/another amp to hear the loops. Main problem i had is couldnt record my boogie onto it as it has no DI or anything. I had to use a mic and then you get bleed etc. If you dont have that problem they are ok tho

Latest posts

Back