Anybody has an original Mark I user manual?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

igfraso

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
In Mesa Boogie's website, I can only find the Mk I reissue manual. Does anybody here have a copy of the original Mk I manual?
Thanks in advance and best regards
Daniel

It was sent with a few pages printed back and front ... no manual. The information is basically very similar to the reissue though. I don't have an electronic copy but I have all of my original paperwork in an envelope from 1978.

Anything particular you want to know?

Thank you, Boogiebabies and Kdove!!
I got the MkI reissue manual and the notes in Ian's Boogie Files. That is more than what I need.
Thank you again.
Daniel

I wonder if there is any technical information in the papers you have? I am working on one of these right now and haven't been able to find the right schematic. Also, do you use the "Fetron" tube or just a 12AX7?
Thanks.

Mine had the Fetron until a year or so ago. With the help of Boogiebabies and a lot of work on my own, I was able to convert mine to the 12AX7. There was only a mention of the fetron in the papers and it also stated you could just replace it with the 12AX7 which isn't really true. There are several things that have to be done to make it sound good.

The schematic that came with my amp wasn't accurate either. Turns out I mine was built right at the beginning of the MarkII and actually had that amps power supply.

Are you trying to convert a fetron to a 12AX7?

kdove: on second thoughts, only a quick question. Is there any comment on that letter/manual regarding the Gain Boost and Bright switches?
Thanks and best regards
Daniel

igfraso said:
kdove: on second thoughts, only a quick question. Is there any comment on that letter/manual regarding the Gain Boost and Bright switches?
Thanks and best regards
Daniel

I can check ... but I can tell you off the top that both are push/pull pots on the two volume pots. The bright switch is simply that but the Gain Boost is a bypass of the treble-mid-bass and can be controlled with a simple footswitch via a 1/4" jack on the back panel. The gain boost is almost an out-of-control hot sound to me ... Santana on steroids kind of thing. I always thought it would have been killer if it was not so much bass.

I haven't ever really used either of them or the footswitch.

Let me see if I can get a digital scan of these documents maybe I can provide ...

I have scanned the instructions into 5 pages of HTM documents. PM me with your email address and I'll send them to you.

I have the stuff from a 1976 Mark I on the Boogie Files:

http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/MarkIguide.html

Read on Macduff!!

BWK

Latest posts

Back