any good mods for the V-Twin?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth155

Reaction score
any nifty DIY mods for a V-Twin?
for one thing, while my amp's chassis is at Monsta-Tone, i've got the V-twin plugged directly into the Black Shadow speaker, and i have to have the treble and pres dimed and the bass and mid on zero
any way to brighten this thing?
any way to make it sound like a marsha.... i probably shouldn't even go there
i don't even know what i'd like to do with this thing
i just thought it would be fun to tinker

It's not an easy thing to modify - it's hard to even get apart for a DIY job, and it's a typical Mesa double-sided PCB which is difficult to follow and work on.

The reason the sound directly into a guitar speaker is muddy is because it's going via the speaker emulator for DI or headphones, which simulates a guitar cab by rolling off all the top end... so if you run it through an actual cab, you get that twice. Try running it through a hi-fi speaker, it should sound a lot better. You won't blow anything because the V-Twin can't put out more than about a quarter watt.

94Tremoverb said:
It's not an easy thing to modify ... Try running it through a hi-fi speaker, it should sound a lot better. You won't blow anything because the V-Twin can't put out more than about a quarter watt.

nuff said
i'll give the stereo system a go

Latest posts

Back