Any Ernie Ball Music Man fans around here?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a Stingray5 yesterday to be more flexible in my home recording and demo stuff. And what a bass! it came with maple neck and fingerboard and ash body naturegloss.

the sustain is like a grand piano. the first impression is impressive ;-)
and i got it for a price less than half of the european charge.

Yeah, I have a couple of axis guitars and have another one on the way. I'm going to purchase a ernie ball sterling bass to record with.
It's killing me working around all these nice guitars!
We just got a shipment in of PRS guitars, too...

the PRS singlecut and the EBMM JP6 both sound awesome through the Mesa Stiletto head.

I'm thinking of trading my Axis Sport HSS for a HH model if anyone is interested. I've been playing HH guitar for so long that the middle pup drives me insane.

I had a silver Axis Sport with the hum-cancelling P90s.

I sold it and have regretted it ever since!! :(

Unique, one-of-a-kind neck feel.

GREAT GUITARS!!

man this is gonna sound stupid but how does the piezo work on the jp 6. Are you supposed to connect to 2 seperate amps (one for electic and one for acoustic. I connected the one jack to my boogie and the other to an aer and the piezo worked fine but the buzz from my boogie was terrible, as if the cable was disconnected.

Currently i just play electric and ignore the piezo an plug into the jack nearest the ground (mono one i think).

It's probably a ground loop you heard. You'll have to get a ground loop eliminator or something of the sort to fix it. A direct box with a ground lift might also do the trick...

cheers for that ill check it out.

Also, im after a new JP7 with most of the trimmings. Im based in the Uk and prices are ridiculous so im hoping to buy from the US. Does anyone know any reputable stores i could contact??

shredtheater said:
i do believe that ernie ball guitars are the best around. I have 9 guitars including a limited addition Custom Shop gibson explorer, USA strat and Tele, Les Paul Ibanez etc SO a good variety and my JP6 wipes the floor with them all. Admiteddly its all down to personal style but i genuinely believe that my JP6 would fit into any guitar players arsenal. It does everything amazingly well and that neck just plays like a dream.

I know what you mean I don’t have a JP6 or any MM currently I did try a friends a few months ago and was blown away, yeah the tone was great but what blew me away after picking up the JP6 for a minute felt like I was playing it forever there was no getting use to the neck or anything like that, felt better than my 1981 Les Paul and I’m the original owner.

Dersu Uzala said:
An early prototype. Notice Hipshot vibrato arm and a smaller embossed logo on the headstock. Slightly different body contour. And, oh yeah, that beat up, 'vintage' look. It was brand new at the time.

JP-PT1a.jpg

JP-PT2b.jpg

JP-PT3c.jpg

JP-PT4d.jpg

JP-PT5e.jpg

Wow dude, you rock.

i have found a mystic dream jp7 with matching headstock and piezo for 2095USD. Its used but 'like new'. Is this a good price?? i have absolutely no idea how much the cost in the us.

I love my Music Man JP6 20th Anniversary model (special 2007 inlay at 12th fret and limited Blue Dawn finish) and my Axis Super Sport.

scott_musicman_guitars.jpg

shredtheater said:
thats amazing!! are they expensive?? where can i buy one???

Well... everything in the US is cheaper for you British folks! :)

Music Man guitars such as the JP6 sell for between $1,400-$1,700 USD for the standard versions (not limited edition, not Ball Family Reserve). But they are exactly the instruments that Petrucci plays.

Music Man doesn't make special models exclusively for the artists -- you get to purchase exactly the same instrument they build for their endorsers, though the artist may have a custom finish, or if their guitar looks slightly different it may be a prototype model for what became the final version.

Thanks scott. That really is a fantastic guitar, i think the best one ive ever seen!!

Well im in the market for a JP7 with the piezo and matching headstock, not to fussed about the inlay or the mystic finish. In England they are about £2000+ which is approx $4000. Obviously a complete rip off. Are you aware of any US dealers that i could buy a NEW one from. I dont ever expect to sell so im not to keen on the 2nd hand ones, i have a jp6 that i bought from home and i would never let it go.

Also, I expect the BFR models are somewhat limited and more expensive but how would i go about buying one??

Anyhow, amazing guitar Scott, take care of it!!

After falling in love with the finish on my Axis Super Sport, I was forever lusting after that finish on a JP-6, so as soon as the 2007 LE model came out with the finish as a special option, I ordered it and sold my JP6 to our other guitar editor Derek. What can I say -- blue is my favorite color, and all of my electric guitars are some shade of blue (gives meaning to the collection, I guess). The JP-6 is gorgeous :). But I buy my guitars to play, and the JP-6 gets played on most of my band's music.

The BFR guitars are close to $4,000 USD. You could order one through any authorized dealer in the US -- that includes Guitar Center, but to get shipping overseas, you'd probably want to talk with one of the big, reputable mail order companies -- either Musiciansfriend.com, sweetwater.com, or americanmusical.com.

Scott

shredtheater said:
Thanks scott. That really is a fantastic guitar, i think the best one ive ever seen!!

Well im in the market for a JP7 with the piezo and matching headstock, not to fussed about the inlay or the mystic finish. In England they are about £2000+ which is approx $4000. Obviously a complete rip off. Are you aware of any US dealers that i could buy a NEW one from. I dont ever expect to sell so im not to keen on the 2nd hand ones, i have a jp6 that i bought from home and i would never let it go.

Also, I expect the BFR models are somewhat limited and more expensive but how would i go about buying one??

Anyhow, amazing guitar Scott, take care of it!!

US EBMM dealers are not allowed to sell new stock overseas. Have you checked out the EBMM forum http://www.ernieball.com/forums/music-man-guitars/ There are some amazing deals to be had from forum members over there. I just brought over a 3 month old JP6 2007 Limited Edition Blue Dawn..fully loaded for £1200 incl postage and taxes. Would have paid £2K over here for a similar used one. Ernie Ball in my opinion are just the best available. I have now ditched all my other guitars and only have EBMM in my stable :wink:

EBMMGUITARS009.jpg

Back