Any Ernie Ball Music Man fans around here?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a couple of basses...truly awesome instruments!

The Bongo Stealth 5H:
Bilde009.jpg

The Fretless SUB:
Bilde001.jpg

i'm a proud EB endorsee. i have a couple of EBMM Axis guitars along w/ their volume & wah pedals. great company - great customer service.

another EBMM fan here :D have 2 mystic dream JP6's one fully loaded and one without piezo or inlays. both are fantastic, but the new one just feels so much tighter and nicer to play well that was before i put hybrid slinkys on the older one ;) did the world of good.
will post pics in due time.

marduke said:
another EBMM fan here :D have 2 mystic dream JP6's one fully loaded and one without piezo or inlays. both are fantastic, but the new one just feels so much tighter and nicer to play well that was before i put hybrid slinkys on the older one ;) did the world of good.
how does the piezo vs non piezo sound? which one was tighter?

fatoni said:
marduke said:

the new one with the piezo and D-sonic to me is much tighter.
well the non-piezo (older) has the steve special bridge and its great, but to me the D-sonic sounds better, more definition. and the piezo sounds AMAZING! i run it straight into the PA through a DI and it sounds superb.

marduke said:
the new one with the piezo and D-sonic to me is much tighter.
well the non-piezo (older) has the steve special bridge and its great, but to me the D-sonic sounds better, more definition. and the piezo sounds AMAZING! i run it straight into the PA through a DI and it sounds superb.

Funny, I much prefer the Steve's Special, which I have in one of my other guitars. I was disappointed when it was replaced with the D-Sonic in my newer JP-6. It's nice, but I think the SS was a bit sweeter to my ears, and is a very articulate pickup even when playing with high gain.

fatoni said:

The guitars sound exactly the same. The piezo acoustic pickups are in addition to the DiMarzio magnetic pickups, wired to deliver authentic acoustic guitar tones independent of your electric guitar tones.

They sound great and add significantly to what you can do with the guitar, but if you only care about electric guitar tones from your guitar, then both versions sound the same. They each have DiMarzio D-Sonic in the bridge and a custom neck pickup similar to the Air Norton.

Here's an in-depth review of the JP-6 guitar:
http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2006/1006_MusicManJP6.php

Scott

After a long search I finally got a Musicman Luke yesterday. Love these guitars, the necks are just fabulous, never had active PUP's before and these EMG's are superb, super clear but dirty up great. :D

54fvba.jpg

2j5kl6e.jpg

Lukes are awesome but the neck is a bit to thick for me. I think the JP neck is perfection though! My BFR should be here any day now...

Compared to an LP the Luke neck is a bit thinner for sure! It's very close to a wide fat neck on a PRS... I prefer the wide thin neck on the PRS guitars...

scottkahn said:
fatoni said:

The guitars sound exactly the same. The piezo acoustic pickups are in addition to the DiMarzio magnetic pickups, wired to deliver authentic acoustic guitar tones independent of your electric guitar tones.

They sound great and add significantly to what you can do with the guitar, but if you only care about electric guitar tones from your guitar, then both versions sound the same. They each have DiMarzio D-Sonic in the bridge and a custom neck pickup similar to the Air Norton.

Here's an in-depth review of the JP-6 guitar:
http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2006/1006_MusicManJP6.php

Scott

Hey, when are you gonna review a BFR?

ned said:
I'm thinking of trading my Axis Sport HSS for a HH model if anyone is interested. I've been playing HH guitar for so long that the middle pup drives me insane.
Try swaping the pickup connections of the single coil and one humbucker on the five way switch.Should give you h ,both h's ,h, h plus s and s.

After play a les paul with a super huge neck i just got a brand new one piece mohangy axis and i love it! It has that deep warm sound of the les paul but feels so much better I know feel like the les paul is a handicap or a good work out :)

bought my 3rd JP this week. one of the best guitars on the market.

07LE.jpg

JPs.jpg

and an older family picture
guitars102008.jpg

Back