Any body catch this one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies, gts and lesterpaul. I went back and was reading through "Mark IIC+ guide for dummies," and found the same info hiding in plain sight. I'm such a dummy!

Spoke with Rich Duvall, Mesa's service manager, yesterday and he let me know a thorough servicing will run $175.00--$275.00, has a turnaround time of three weeks, and that Mike B will be working on it.

I'm still contemplating the C+ mod, but I've never played through either a (healthy) mark iii or the iic+, so I should speak with him about it first and hear what he has to say.

The consensus seems to be that the iic+ lead sound is smoother and more sensitive than the iic, but I can't find a consensus on how the mark iii's sound-perhaps due to the various stripe versions produced-compares with the iic+.

OK, so I got a call from Mike B. today. He says my Mark III will be ready to pick up on Monday!

When he puts the IIc+ circuit into a mark iii, he says he calls it the III+ mod so as to avoid confusion. He said there's still a difference but that the tone will be great.

Man, I can't wait :mrgreen:

And for reference, the repair and maintenance cost was 125.00 and the mod, which included the ch 2 volume mod comes to 200.

OK, you can't leave us hangin' here like that. Tell us how the mods went? Sound? Or are you still unconscious from the insanely monster tone? I'm betting the latter. :wink:

kdorsey said:
OK, you can't leave us hangin' here like that. Tell us how the mods went? Sound? Or are you still unconscious from the insanely monster tone? I'm betting the latter. :wink:

+1 Here!! It is like getting to the end of a great book and someone tore out the ending!!! Arrrggghhh!!

Latest posts

Back