• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another Ebay Moron?!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlsoti

Reaction score
Cummon, GTS, don't you know that vintage casters roll SOOO much smoother than the crap they make today? The quality and craftsmanship of the bearings just can't compare...

i'm very fimiliar with that guy.
i've sold him things many times locally only to see him list them weeks later at the very inflated prices.

those were probably mine at one point.
i sold him an unloaded metal grill cab with no castors for like 200 bucks.
since one of the castors had broken, i listed it without castors, then when i delivered it to his trailor, i basicly just said "Here are whats left of the castors", and i gave him the other 3 with mounting plates for free.
he then listed the 3 of them for sale for like 80 bucks on ebay.
he probably just got ahold of a 4th one and now its double the price.

i often see his auctions and know its him before i even open the page.
i can't believe he sells ANYTHING with how much he asks for stuff.
he recently sold an UNLOADED JCM800 era marshall 4x12 for 500 bucks!!
i don't know who that sap buyer was... i wouldn't even buy one loaded for that much!
right now he is selling an unloaded blackback era 4x12 for 800 buy it now.
thats about what they go for loaded these days.

i think he basicly flips gear for a living and doesn't have a real job.
i did that for money while i was layed off for a while, and so we've crossed paths several times.
hes not a bad dude to talk gear with, and what not... but some of those asking prices are pretty out there.

ok, i just looked at his auctions again, and yeah, he is still selling my 3 castors :D

here is my personal favorite:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-1960-4x12-1970s-Checker-grill-wireing-harness_W0QQitemZ260339970148QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260339970148&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

:roll: :roll:

you really can't defend selling old used wire for that much.
i don't care if it came from jimi hendrix's personal 4x12.

As long as people are willing to pay... You can ask for any price you want ;)

but hey, only $299 for "vintage" Marshall casters :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marshall-JMP-Speaker-Cabinet-Casters-Copper-HOMA_W0QQitemZ260335458860QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Amp_Accessories?hash=item260335458860&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I should sell the "Vintage Dust" from inside my Twin Reverb!
'They don't make this kind of dust anymore, the quality control just isn't there since all dust manufacturing has moved overseas!'

...or marketing genius?

If he can sell these casters for what he is asking, who will be laughing then?

If he pulls this off, I will probably be hauling everything up from my basement and posting it on ebay, dust, rust, and all.

gts said:
If anyone here buys them and I find out I will personally travel to your house and kick you in the nuts. ;-)

That's the funniest chit I've heard in months! I wish we could get you appointed onto the Obama cabinet somehow. This country might stand half a chance with a few like you in charge! :lol:

Those vintage casters got mojo rollin' tone, new casters sound sterile, like hospital wheels.... :twisted:

I know that the biggest fool is the person who pays for the casters but I think that you have to be a prick to even ask for that kind of money.

There's another dick head on Ebay selling Mesa stickers for $20 each. He needs to be punched in the balls.

Hey Jim,

That guy wouldn't happen to be Rusty or Russ would it? Trailer park off of M-59 service drive? Builds and mods all kinds of amps :lol:

Latest posts

Back